Bonjour!

Tegan's P.O.V
February 2013

~~~

This morning Eleanor took me to British Airways, I boarded the plane smoothly and luckily, the fly wasn't horrid at all.

My luggage and I make our way through the airport. I have video chatted with my nanny several times, so I know who to look for. I am excited to finally meet her in person. She was very lovely so far. Finally, I spot her, holding a bouquet of flowers and a sign reading, "Swallows".

I rush over to her, growing pretty excited actually. Her smile grows, noticing me.

I know her name is Adelaide, but I want to wait for her to introduce herself correctly, so I know I'm not leaving with a stranger.

"Tegan! I'm your nanny, Adelaide!" She exclaims, handing me the bouquet.

Perfect.

"Thank you! Lovely to meet you!" I take the bouquet, giving them a sniff.

We catch a taxi, driving to the center of Paris. As we pass the Eiffel Tower, I stare in awe. I turn to my side, expecting to see Niall or Zayn, so I can point at the Eiffel Tower. I sigh softly, realizing eight months is gonna feel like eight years.

The taxi parks in front of a brick penthouse building. Adelaide greets the lobbyist as I observe the decoration. The design is like a modern type of vintage. Like what a millennial thinks vintage is.

The elevator doors open to our apartment. From the entrance, plants are scattered around the entire area. On the opposite side of the room, there is a large bay window, sunlight shining in.

"I've been living her for a bit now, I wanted to cozy it up for us. Furnished homes always feel a bit stale, you know?" Adelaide whispers to me, although we are the only ones in the room.

The living room is decorated with pink and cream floral sofas and throw pillows. There is a dark wooden middle table and a small flat screen television. The floor is an open plan. Counter tops dividing the living room and the kitchen. There is no dining table, but a high top counter with four stools.

Adelaide takes me to my room, helping me carry my luggage. Obviously, I was unable to bring everything. My new room was furnished with the important things: bed, cupboards , mirror and a chest.

Adelaide left me to myself so I could settle in. Plus, I'm feeling a bit jet lagged, so I'm ready to rest.

~~~

I went down for dinner, Adelaide had prepared us a frozen casserole.

I asked her how she found the opening to become my nanny.

"Well, I have my own website. Nannying isn't a temporary job for me, it's actually my career. One afternoon, I get this call and it's all like, "Ello, this is Zayn Malik blah blah blah."" Her imitation of Zayn's accent makes me chuckle. "After a bit of shock, I was able to comprehend his request."

She talks with loads of expression and enunciation in her voice. It amuses me a bit.

"Are you a fan?"

"They're adorable boys. I listen, but not a Directioner." She admits. "I've nannied a couple Directioners, so I've witnessed a bit of their growth. They've come a long way. Impressive journey."

"I saw their shirts at school and such and hear their music on the stereo. I'm not much into music though." I shrug.

As we eat, she tells me all about how she became a nanny and all the things it took. There's a lot more aspects than you think.

"What did Zayn ask you when you did the interview?"

I knew they did an interview over video chat, accompanied by his manager.

"He asked me about my experience, my recommendation forms, where I went to school, a bit of boring stuff. He couldn't stop talking about you though. Repeatedly he told me about things you like, dislike, are used to. He absolutely adores you."

I smile.

"I miss them already." I look down at my supper.

~~~

Bijapur

wtf I tried to type bonjour and it turned into that first word