'Tis the Season

Tegan's P.O.V
December, 2012

~~~

After December twenty fifth, I moved into the flat in London. I celebrated Christmas day with Mrs. Marjorie Willis, Mr. Willis, Molly and Joy. The boys traveled separately around England, visiting their families for Christmas.

I have been moved in officially for four days. I have spent most of my time in my bedroom, slowly unpacking my boxes.

I have left the house everyday to go to the gym with them. Usually, they can't all go at the same time. I accompany Louis. I shoot baskets on the court or run around the track while Louis lifts weights.

I accidentally overheard that this coming February, they are going on their second tour. I don't know what that means for me. For some reason, I don't really care. My emotions have felt empty recently.

Today, we are celebrating Louis' birthday and our Christmas together.

~~~

"Eleanor is coming over later! Eleanor is coming over later!" Louis sings, skipping around the living room.

On the sofa beside me, Harry crosses his arms and pouts his lips out.

"Oh, Hazza! Don't be so glump!" Louis ruffles his curls with his hand.

This morning, Harry and I secretly baked a cake for Louis. I frosted it purple and Harry wrote BooBear in icing.

I have not met Eleanor yet, but Louis talks about her often and she sounds lovely.

Harry shared his time visiting Holmes Chapel and seeing his mum, stepdad, dad and Gemma. While he was explaining, it made me realize they spend time away from their family and must often feel a bit lonely in this universe as well.

"What do you usually do for Christmas?" Liam asks, resting on the second sofa.

"Well, usually, Mrs. Marjorie Willis bakes a bunch of homemade cookie dough. Molly, Joy, Oliver and I decorate them all together. We go Christmas caroling every year, bringing our cookies to our neighbors. This year, we went on a sleigh ride, it was lovely. They gifted me a keyboard and a proper suitcase to travel with you guys." I share, smiling at the memories of previous Christmases.

"Loads of fun, yeah?" Liam smiles. "What is your favourite tradition?"

"Well, this isn't really a tradition, but before, I've been the Angel Tree, so maybe, I was wondering, if someday, we could purchase a gift for a child on the Angel Tree?" I request, quietly.

"Course! That's an incredible idea."

Downstairs, the fake Christmas tree is decorated with lights, red and gold decorations.

Liam shares his favourite Christmas memories with me. I take a photograph of Louis, Liam and Zayn all wearing antlers. Liam and Louis hold Zayn up, which is a bit goofy.

~~~

"Happy fake birthday to you! Happy fake birthday to you! Happy fake birthday dear, Louis! Happy fake birthday to you!" We all sing in unison around the small circular wooden table.

Louis blows the candles out on his round purple cake and we all clap.

"Oh, guys!" Louis dramatically cries, sniffling playfully and rubbing his eyes with his fists.