Chapter 19-Love Letters

Knock knock knock

You grumbled in your sleep, checking your pocket watch, you seemed to have slept the whole night and a bit of today considering it's almost midday. Your pillow still soaked with your tears, you heard the constant knocking, probably from your Aunt and, you were right. You sat upright and waited till the knocking turned to talking or at least silence.

"(Y/N) dear! Wake up, breakfast, or, actually lunch is served if you'd like to eat. I could ask the maids to warm up your tea once more and - oh dear." She walked inside, looking at your appearance, seeing your dark bags under your crystal (E/C) eyes. Your eyes still bloodshot from the constant crying of last night and how tired you looked worried your Aunt quite a bit.

"Alright.... Aunt dearest... I'll be down in a jiffy. I shan't keep you waiting, can't I?" You smirked, trying to enlighten the mood, seeming to appear it has worked. You see your aunt smile and nod, walking out of your room but before you even got out of bed, she comes back.

"Oh, (Y/N), a little girl dropped this off for you! I believe it's an invitation to the Royal Ball, tonight! Also you've received this letter as well!" She exclaimed, making you quickly get out of bed, practically sliding with each step to examine the letters. There were two of them, both with gold trimmings and a fancy red stamp to go along with it. The other letter, looked like any postage letter, fearing of who could it be from and what it has to say.

You looked at your hand and hugged her,"I'll be be down soon. I need to freshen up a bit." You kissed her cheek, and curtsied till you heard her light heels click away into the abyss of her mansion. You opened the first two lettered with the gold trimmings, wondering what it could be, you sit down on the bed, feeling the warmth of it consume and comfort you with delight. You looked at the letter, opening it carefully to reveal a fancy saying:

Mr. Benjamin Desmond (L/N)

You have been honorably invited to attend the Queen's Palace Ball, tonight.

Was all the little letter had said. After you were finished reading that one, you opened the exact same one only this time, it had your name on it.

Miss (Y/N) Aveline (L/N)

You have been honorably invited to attend the Queen's Palace Ball, tonight.

You chuckled slightly, wondering how on earth did the Royals know you and your Father even existed. You got ahold of your satchel and placed the two invitations in your satchel, observing the other letter that had your name written on the front with cursive. You lifted your eyebrow, wondering who's handwriting that is and/or what do they want with you. You pick up the letter from your pillow and started to open it carefully, seeing the first thing you read was your name at the very top of the short letter.

Dear (Y/N),

You don't know how much I long for yourself, how long I've regretted ever getting into fights with you. I know writing is not a way to apologize to a women like you, my love, but it's worth the try. If I were to meet with you, you'd probably kill me right on the spot, but... I just wanted to let you know, love, is that I miss you. I love you so, so much and you mean everything to me. I should have known better, I should've known I'd break your little heart eventually, I should've known I would have fell for you, and I fell hard. I don't know what you see in me but after all this, you chose me and I'm extremely grateful to have had a women like you in my life. I couldn't bear to keep your ring, I want you to have it. Keep it, if you'd like. I love you (Y/N),  so so very much, my love. No words can describe how much I do, and I never will stop loving you, I will do anything to have you once more in my arms again...