Chapter 9-Robe Rouge

Your P.O.V

Henry and your father nodded at you and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind them. Jacob and you were alone, together.

"Thank you, Jacob, for saving my life.."

You break the silence as you sigh and look down. You fumble with your rings on your left hand and then your right, not knowing how much more awkwardness you can handle. You kept looking at your main ring on your left hand that had you thinking. The assumption of Jacob actually saving and killing Dr. Elliotson was all you can think of. Thinking even if you hate his guts, he was still very kind and warm-hearted, you can't deny it.

"(Y/N)... I'm sorry about the other day... I truly am.." You heard his footsteps come closer to your bedside as you looked back at him, to find a weary look upon this well structured face.

The scar on his eyebrow and cheek made him look like quite the ruthless brute but there was more to him than just seeming ruthless. He was a kind man behind his battle scars and  physical traits, he knew how to be true to someone. He may be a bloody dick but you knew if he sets his heart to something, you know he'd do anything to make that come true. You thought, So what if he fancies me, he'll get over me in less then a month.. I mean I'm hard to resist! I'm a fucking queen!!

He came up to you and gently held your left hand, examining your rings and you could tell he noticed something odd about your ring finger.

"Are you... Are you married?" He asked, giving you a confused and sorrow look.

You carefully snatch your hand away from his and you chuckle to yourself.

"Always the bridesmaid, never the bride..." You say as you spin your ring around your finger. He sits down next to you and has a sad expression upon his face.

"What happened?" Asking like a curios child, Jacob tried to get ahold of your gaze.

You looked at him with a fake smile,"Let's just say I didn't get to walk down the isle..."

Your head started to hurt a bit for some odd reason but it didn't stop you from having a conversion with Jacob.

You hoped that Jacob would speak up to break the silence but then again, you liked silence, you liked how quiet it was knowing you're screaming your head off inside you. The last thing on your mind was bursting into tears and ending up hugging Jacob while his blood seeped jacket would fill up with your tears. You had to prove you were strong, you survived a massacre 3 years ago, you survived a stab wound a few days ago, and now you're surviving this. Surviving the fear and pain that was leading towards your heart making you ill from the inside but you couldn't let that stop you from being a strong independent woman. You're a fucking goddess for all you know. You wanted to just go home and fall asleep forever or kill some Blighters till you passed out.

You want the Creed to not see you as a regular assassin, oh no no no, you wanted them to see you as The Master Assassin. An assassin who would stop at nothing to take back what's right, to liberate London from Starrick's control. You wanted the children to be liberated and to grow up to be anything they'd love to be. You wanted everyone to have a future with someone they'd love forever even if it means you'll die alone.

"Jacob... I-I forgive you, as much as I hate to say it... I forgive you..." You whisper as you look into his eyes. His eyes still had sorrow in them and with the hint of green, it made it hard to resist not to kiss him again. You wanted to be with him, you wanted to be at his side every waking hour. You wanted to fight crimes together and possibly in the future to have children, but you knew imagination is just not made to come true.