Chapter 16-'Merica

Listen to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift on replay!! If you want :)

"Will you marry me, (Y/N)?"

Those five words rang through your ears, knowing you've heard those exact same words before. Your smile slowly faded away, still clutching onto the roses, Jacob holding the little box right in front of you. You squeezed his hand, tears gently framing your face, tears of sadness go be exact, making your smile completely fade away as you let go of his hand. You carefully turn around, walking towards the edge of the tower to sit down on the ledge, placing the roses extra close to your heart.

"(Y/N)..." You hear Jacob whisper from behind you, looking down at the city below, you twist your old engagement ring. Jacob sadly plops right next to you, holding both your hands and looking at the ring.

"Jacob..." Your (E/C) eyes glistening with tears, meeting his hazel gaze whose eyes are filled with tears.

"If I do this, I could lose you... I can't lose you... I'd die if something were to happen to you." You whisper, cupping his cheek as you plant a kiss on his nose,"I love you, Jacob Frye. But... I've lost someone I loved very much in the past... I can't lose you either..."

***********************************

America 1863

"I'm so proud for you, (Y/N)! Your first real mission!" You father says, hugging the living day lights out of you.

"Our little girl has grown up!" Your mother whimpers, tearing up as she joins in on the hug. You felt like you couldn't breathe with all the hugging and being suffocated by your own parents.

"And being the meeting the President! Isn't that exciting!? Protecting the president of the United States!!" Your mother practically yelled.

You rolled your eyes with a smile,"Not even close, Mother dearest. I'm just working with an American assassin to find out who's plotting Lincoln's assassination. And anyways, you should be the one who's excited, he's like a brother to you."

"It's going to be lovely seeing him again after all these years, right darling?" She asked, looking at your father who's nodding happily.

"Do you know the assassin's name?" Your mother questioned, sounding a bit suspicious.

"Yes, his name is William Jones. Assassin of the American Botherhood. Two years older than me, I believe."

Your parents smirked at each other, knowing that look, you groaned and placed your hands over your face,"Mother, Father. I'm sixteen, I'm to young to even think about love. Love will just ruin my mission."

Your parents and you were already packed to head to the Train. It'd be a long ride and your parents tend to talk, a lot, but you loved them all the same. The train lead towards the dock where you and your parents will board a ship to America. The whole trip was filled with a few jokes and laughter and tons of relationship advice. Your parents want you to be happy with someone already, since you were about 14 they've been wanting you to court with someone and once you turn 18, you both will get married and blah blah blah. You hated the way they'd talk about spending the rest of your life with someone and finding your true love.

"But doesn't falling in love mean you have to love the person back? I find that to be too much work." You joked, sipping on your regular cup of tea with 3 sugar cubes and a tablespoon of milk. Your mum and dad laughed at your joke, your parents aren't like most parents. They love you for who you are, they don't force you to marry someone you don't want to marry, they don't force you to court with someone you don't even know, they love the way you're masculine yet feminine in a way.