Connections

I walk around my old neighborhood lost in a deep thought trying to figure out what's going on in my head, what to do with Lena and dreading my next encounter with Viktor when I feel a sharp pain to the back of my head 'Ouch.

I wake up feeling dizzy 'What the hell?" I think to myself, I hear rustling noises and I open my eyes to find a man standing over me. One that I thought I'd never see again after so long.

Flashback .

'Smack' I watch as my best friend falls to the ground "stop hurting her" I scream at Lena's stepdad "Please" I plead with him. He walks up to me and smiles "If you don't shut your mouth Maria I will throw her from this window" I gasp and close my mouth immediately and sit there helpless and he taunts her, slanders her with harsh words about her drunk mother. He soon gets tired and returns to the sitting room and continues watching TV like nothing happened, I crawl over to Lena and hold her tightly "Lena I know your in pain but we have to leave, my brother is coming!" she mumbles and I know she is weak "C'mon mija we have to get up I'll help you". I drag her up and tell her to be quiet, We sneak down stairs and through the kitchen we exit the back door and I see my brother standing there under a tree "Come Maria Hurry!"

A noise brings me out of my daze and I remember who is standing above me.

"Hola Maria long time no see uh"

"What do you want?"

"You never had much manners Maria your Papa should of beat you more uh!" he smirks

"your mother should've beaten you more so maybe you would know how to treat someone nicely 'uh'!" I mock him

He slaps me hard across the face and drags me to a dirty and stained mattress.

"Tell me where is my lovely Lena uh?"

"Go bash your head in to a wall" I spat

"Not nice Maria, you know one way or the other I will find her"

Fear strikes me and thoughts come to play in my mind 'The baby' I thought and her happiness, oh no there is no way I will let this monster back into her life.

"Go to hell" I tell him, then an evil smirk crosses his face

"How is your brother doing uh?"

He hit a nerve knowing fully well my brother died and he was the cause of it, a rouge tear slips room my eye as I glare at him, He laughs and exits the room. I start to panic, looking in my surroundings trying to find an escape but its no use, then suddenly I feel my ass vibrate 'My phone' I pull it out and smile 'dumb shit didn't even bother to check and see if I had anything on me' I open my phone and recieve a message from Viktor.

Viktor: Maria where are you, please I need to speak to you.

Me: I don't know Paolo has me, Don't tell Lena

Viktor: Leave your phone on I see you soon

I turn my phone on silent and quickly shove it into my pocket as I hear foot steps approaching, Paolo walks through the door and smirks as he grabs my arm and drags me out of the room to an office area, I look up and see pictures of me and Lena plastered all over his wall 'What the' I look him in the face and wait for his explanation.

"You see I'm just waiting for a friend to get me on a ship and then Welcome to America and Hello Lena"

"If you have these pictures of us then why ask me where she is you dumb shit, I always new you were short a few brain cells" I laugh knowing that would piss him off

He growls and strikes me a few more times, I let out a scream and mentally wish for Viktor to hurry. Pain spreads throughout my body and I feel the darkness approach me but before I lose my battle I hear the door slam open, before I close my eyes I see him standing over a now bloodied Paolo.

'Viktor'.

****************

Picture above ^ ^ is Paolo by Professor Snape.. RIP Allen Rickman. So gawjusssss