Getting better.

Nikolai refused to come inside so I grabbed a cushion and sat in the corridor with him asking him questions but I hardly get any answers. Silence fills the atmosphere, I take it all Russians are quite, he doesn't touch his food where as I shoved mine. I get up and try convince him my couch is comfy and there is a Tv but all I get is a nod, I don't think he understands English so with a sigh I get up and wish him good night leaving him with his unopened food.

********************

The next morning I get myself ready for school as usual but today I get the afternoon off for free study time, I go to the coffee shop and order my coffee, Lena wasn't there which is unusual I hope she isn't getting herself into trouble. I walk along the path to school when I spot Lena getting out of a shiny black Mercedes 'What the hell?' I run up to her as she hurries along

"Lena?" I shout, she slows her pace and turns to me

"Hola Maria"

"You weren't at the coffee shop this morning?"

"I can't be everywhere when you want me" She snaps at me

my face drops and I stop walking "Have I done something wrong mija?"

She sighs "No Maria I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you"

I know she is stressing because of studies but I know something else is pestering her but I don't push it.

"I have something to tell you Lena"

she raises her eyebrows and waits

"I sort of have a boyfriend"

Her mouth opens wide and then she grins at me

"Whaaat when, how?"

I tell her everything, how I met Viktor and that he followed us to California and he took my virginity that last night we stayed and how he begged for forgiveness, she gasps and then a sad look stretched along her face so I stop.

"What is wrong Lena?"

After a while she turns and looks everywhere but my eyes

"Did something happen while we were there Lena? you can tell me you know I will always be there for you"

"I'm pregnant"

Shock fills me and I don't know how to react.

"Do you know who the father is?"

"Si, it happened that night, I was so drunk and a man took me to our motel room and I don't what came over me and I just jumped on him, it was all a blur but I woke up the next morning and new what I had done, This man was so big and strong looking and he didn't talk much"

I think back to that night remembering Viktor told me his guard would take Lena back, was it Nikolai?

"Lena do you know his name?"

"It sounded Russian but I cannot remember" then she starts to sob

I wrap my arms around her and comfort her, telling her we are going to skip the day and do lazy stuff, she smiles and agrees in a nod. We go to the store and purchase alot of junk food and some Dvds and head to our apartment, I decide to ask her about the car she came out of this morning.

"Well the friend I been staying at lately! her mother dropped me off"

That bit of information makes me feel abit better. I get out my phone and text Viktor

"Hey I have a question"

"Okay"

"That night in California when you took me away and told me your guard would take Lena back to our room, was it Nikolai?"

"Yes"

Sudden shock I didn't realize I jumped off the couch swearing my head off, Lena looks at me confused.

"Nikolai he is Viktor's bodyguard, he took you to our motel that night, When Viktor dragged me away I tried to get away from him because I couldn't leave you, he told me his guard had taken you back to our room!" I gasp

"So you know this guard?" she looks at me horrified

"Yes and while Viktor is in New York he is here, guarding me!"

She goes quite and studies my face for any hint of a joke.

"Lena, let me talk to him si, he probably doesn't even know!"

She shakes her head "No please Maria I can't face him"

I tried talking some sense into her but It was no use, she is as stubborn as a mule. My phone goes off and Lena begs me not to tell Viktor anything so I turn my phone off.