Chapter 48 (part 1)

Start from the beginning

After that my hair smelled like that horrible scented lotion that nobody likes using and only uses it when they have no other choice.

Ethan was coming by to pick me up at four and the clock read 3:30. Well someone should have told me how slow the clock is.

I was barely dressed when Jordan knocked on the door to tell me Ethan was here.

I quickly dressed in the most casual but nice dress I owned a cute bright yellow strapless dress with pockets that reached about two inches above the knee.

As for my hair I let it air dry so that I could show off my natural wavy hair. 

Mom approved, dad approved, Adrian gave me a thumbs up but Jordan almost had a heart attack.

When he walked in he literally did a double take. "What are you wearing?"

I looked down at myself again to make sure he was seeing the same thing I saw seeing. Yep, I still had the yellow dress on. "What does it look like I'm wearing? A dress..." I rolled my eyes at him as I put on my black flats.

"Do you realize how short that dress is? After what I witnessed the other day I don't think you need to give your boyfriend any other reason... to try things."

"Oh shut up Jordan! It's not even that short."

"Yes it is...I know how guys think and crazy thoughts are going to be going through Ethan's head when he see's you in this."

"Jordan! Not everyone is like you. You're perverted and trust me those thoughts you say that go through his head probably already passed through his head while I was in my bathing suit."

Jordan was dumbstruck. I guess the thought didn't occur to him that I show more of my body in a swimming suit then I do in this short yellow dress.

"Instead of being all brotherly protective over me you should go ask Lori out to the dance.  She really likes you...you know."

Jordan glared at me, obviously frustrated with the whole situation. "How many times do I have to tell you that she reminds me of you so it's weird?"

"You're really stupid sometimes."

"Whatever."

I opened the room door before I could argue with Jordan anymore. Ethan stood awkwardly beside my dad while waiting for me. As soon as his eyes landed on me he smiled and took my breath away.

Ethan checked me out and when his eyes reached mine he grinned. "You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear after giving me a nice firm hug.

My cheeks turned a dark shade of red. I tried to look away so Ethan wouldn't notice and tease me about it but it didn't go unnoticed by him.

"Okay picture time."

"Mom, seriously! This isn't prom or anything. There's no need to take pictures."

"Nonsense! We have to take pictures. You know I always take vacation pictures and make a scrap book after I get them developed.

While mom went to go get the camera I was out the door, pulling Ethan behind me. Hand in hand we both ran down the stairs to his car.

"What the heck? A little warning next time."

"There was no time." I huffed out, gasping between words for air.

"Wow." Ethan laughed as he opened the door for me. "Your mom is going to be so pissed off. I don't want to be near you when she yells at you again."

She won't I laughed along with Ethan but deep down inside I knew Ethan had a point. When my mom finds out I left before taking pictures she's going to freak out.

This random end of the summer party was held at a different hotel but somehow my parents were allowed access. Most of the people at the part were young and worked at one of the many hotels around the area.

Everyone was dressed nicely. Everyone except my dad.  I stood clear from him most of the time. The music was already blasting when we went inside and everything was so nicely placed. The dance floor illuminated nicely, and the side bar had a chocolate fountain with pretzel pieces and strawberries.

I didn't even get to see everything before Ethan was tugging me to the dance floor.

"Ethan..."

"Stop worrying about dancing. You'll do just fine." Of course he tells me I shouldn't worry. He actually knows how to dance. Beside him I'm going to look like a stiff yellow sunflower.

"My dad didn't really teach me how to dance to normal music. It was more slow songs."

"Just go with the flow." I let Ethan show me a few normal dance moves and moved to the beat of dirty dancer by Enrique Iglesias.

Most of the teenagers were grinding against each other but I wasn't comfortable enough to start grinding on anyone, especially Ethan.

From the corner of my eye I saw my dad run to the dance floor as soon as they arrived. He moved his body to the beat and was fist pumping. Whoever taught him that really needs to be punched in the face.

 Sadly that wasn't the worst part. He went to the middle of the dance floor and started to take off his Hawaiian shirt like a stripper and swing it in the air. People were actually cheering him on which only embarrassed me more.

Too scared to see what he'd do next I walked away from the dance floor over to t drink stand.

Becca just finished getting a glass of punch and as soon as she turned around and saw me she tilted her cup, and poured all her punch all over me and my yellow dress.

The pink liquid ran down inside my cleavage, down to my stomach and left an incredibly ugly stain. My mouth dropped open as I stared at my ruined dress.

"Oppsie...sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i know this chapter isn't the best chapter in the world and you have every right to hate me for taking this long to upload. But bare with me...i'm super busy with school and homework and college applications that it's hard to find time to write. But don't worry soon enough the next part of chapter 48 will be up.

Comment/ vote please...again sorry. =/ don't hate me toooooooo much.

Vacation Sucks!...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara