Chapter 46

Great.

This is just great!

Perfect.

Best day of my life.... NOT!

 Out of all the things Becca has done to me I have to say this is the worst. Being escorted out of the lodge's water park...not something I expected to happen on this vacation. True most vacation's I've been on suck in some way or form but this just puts the icing on the cake.

If you think that's embarrassing, just imagine a small crowd trying to figure out what the heck is going on and having your boyfriend argue on your behalf. 

Not that I don't appreciate Ethan sticking up for me but when Nick jumped in to the conversation it was too much.

To make matters worse they were both fired on the spot.

Fired! Like there was no talking about it. No thinking things through. The man yelled something about them being replaceable. Ethan told him to go ahead and Nick said if Ethan leaves he leaves too.

Not only was I escorted out but so were Ethan and Nick.

By now I was feeling like the worst person on the planet. I just cost two people their jobs, one of them being my boyfriend.

I was furious. At myself. At Becca. At Ethan. At Nick. "Why did you do that?" I yelled as I gritted my teeth together.

"Do what?" Ethan reached out to grab my hand but I pulled away. His face fell and he looked hurt.

"You got yourself fired, Ethan! For me. And what's worse is not only did I get your fired but I got Nick fired." I pointed at Nick, who by the looks of it didn't care much that he just lost his job. He was busy talking to my brother's stalker. Kris.

Jordan would love to hear this news. Suddenly Ethan grabbed a hold of my face with both his hands and made me look at him.

"Alexa, don't worry about it. I hardly care for that stupid job. I wasn't about to let them talk to you like you did something wrong because you didn't."

Deep down I know it isn't my fault that he lost his job and that I got banned from the water park but I still felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." My eyes watered quickly and I blinked several times to stop myself from crying.

Ethan wiped away a stray tear that managed to escape with his thumb. "There's no need to be sorry. There are other jobs out there."

"But...you seemed to really like this one and you were good at it too." I said sadly.

"Is that really the only thing that's bothering you or is it the fact that you won't be able to stare at me half naked anymore?" He winked.
I laughed and punched Ethan in the chest. "Hey...it's not like I'm allowed in the pool anyway.  I'm banned...remember?"

"Well screw them. You and I can always go out to other places."

"It's not the same..." I trailed off, still feeling horrible, and extremely embarrassed. What was I going to tell my parents when they asked me why I don't go to the water park anymore?

"...if it will make you feel any better than we can bring Nick with us."

"I'll think about it."

"There's nothing to think about. Even if I have to drag you to my car and kidnap you we're going out to a water park or whatever. And Nick can come with."

"Can I bring Adrian and Jordan?"

"If that's what you want."

With that in mind Ethan walked me to my room. Hand in hand we stared at each other in front of the door. "You're awfully quiet." Ethan whispered, his eyes looked straight into mine.