Chapter 16

Caine's POV

For those of you who forgot, Caine is Phoenix's older brother.

The highway seemed to go on forever in no man's land, finally I was starting to see some form of civilization.

I don't know how Phoenix can stand all these long rides on her motorcycle.

I miss my car. So I'm driving up to go see my sister and swap rides.

This is the first chance I've gotten to actually drive up to see her.

I become official Clan leader in two weeks, and I want Phoenix to be there, but I not going to push her on it.

Dad has been more shut off then usual.

It was always Aunt Ronnie who forced him out of the shadows after Mum's death.

He managed to become tougher, which made him a better leader.

But after Aunt Ronnie's death, I saw him slowly retreating back to those same shadows.

Now, I don't know anyone who will bring him back out.

Phoenix and I would probably end up trying, both knowing we'd fail miserably.

I think me becoming leader was perfectly timed.

I'm beyond ready for more responsibility, but I'm savoring the few moments of freedom that I have left.

Phoenix has barely missed any action, excluding two nights ago.

It was a full moon, and a group of rogues got ballsy and tried attacking us head on. Idiots.

They were all dead within half an hour.

I have a large tendency to get annoyed with werewolves just on the sole fact that they think they run the world.

They think they are some superior species, and keeping themselves a secret will save mankind.

It's more like the other way around.

The humans that do know about werewolves either love them or kill them. If the rest of the world knew of the supernatural species, we'd be divided like that globally.

But those of us who hated them would gather all of our weapons, and kill the monsters.

We'd win too because humans that join the werewolves would think it was an act of peace between the species, therefore they wouldn't fight.

And if everyone saw that pure evil side that each wolf possesses, no one would trust them.

 I don't understand why the werewolf species exists except to cause pain.