Chapter two

(Jonathan's point of view)
~~~
The police will never think anything of it.
I've locked any and every connection to my location down. All there is to do now is leave work, and talk to my victim- um, internet friend.

Her name is Katie. She's small, brown-ish blonde hair, blue eyes, a little round but I don't mind. She's gonna be dead soon anyway.

I've been speaking to her for about a month now. She sees me as "the love of her life", people these days. You meet someone and a few weeks later you love them? This world is going downhill and everyone knows it. But yet they're still all desperate for love.

I live on the very top floor of my apartment. I'm the only one that lives on that floor, the rest of the apartments next to mine are getting renovated. The elevator to my apartment is very loud. The ding of the elevator when it reaches my floor is ear piercing. It is very rare for me to hear that ding come from someone other than myself, and it's also rare for me to get visitors. They're usually from work because everyone I know is from the Internet, or dead.

I logged onto my computer once I got home. I had three new messages from Katie. She was an annoying one. I had to play it cool, she could never think of me as a man with anger issues. That would definitely be a problem.

Katie: Hello love
Katie: I think I'm ready to meet you now
Katie: when I see you it'll be love at first sight!

See what I have to deal with? I let out a big sigh and typed a cheesy response.

Me: meeting you would make my day!
Me: you are my world <3

We decided to meet at six tomorrow at a bar downtown. I have to waste gas on this event. At least I'll get something out of it. Katie? Not so much.

She wore a short, black, strapless dress that barely covered her ass. It did not look good. As for I, I wore a grey polo, kaki cargo pants, and my grey converse. She was obviously aroused by this. What can I say? I have that affect on people. She then walked awkwardly towards me. "Hey there," she said. "I'm Katie. You must be Jonathan." She smiled. I forgot that we used video chat once or twice. I wouldn't be surprised if she walked up to some random guy and tried to get in his pants. "That would be me. Shall we?" I held out my arm for her to hang her arm through it. As she did so, I led her to the bar.

She sat down and ordered a beer while I ordered whiskey. She was chatting up a storm even before our drinks were finished. I couldn't wait to kill her. Everytime I looked at her all I could think about was how she would look struggling to breathe, to stay alive. The more I thought about it the more exited I got. "Do you wanna get out of here?" I interrupted her complaining about her life. "Yes, of course." She downed the last of her bottle and got off the stool.

It was around eleven o'clock when we left the bar. She wanted to go to her place but I insisted. She agreed, all she wanted to do is have a comfortable place to have sex. She'll have to take a rain check on that.

The ding of the elevator made Katie jump. "Oh my, that sure is loud." I nodded and unlocked my apartment door. She stepped in and nearly fainted. "This is beautiful! You're the only one that lives on this floor?" She asked. "Unfortunately." I lied. She set her purse down and smirked at me. I walked towards her and grabbed her face, pulled it closer to mine, and got my pocket knife ready. She pressed our lips together and I kissed her softly only to roughly plunged the knife into her stomach. She gasped, pulled away, and covered the wound only to reveal blood pouring out of her. She finally fainted from the blood loss. As she was out, I grabbed her, took her to my office and chained her to the chair.

My office, you could say, is basically a torture chamber.  Not basically, it is a torture chamber. I keep it locked, and when I have visitors I say it's being redone. Little do they know, I have a hobby of murdering people in there. In this very house.

When Katie came to, she screamed. Well, tried to at least. I cut out her vocal cords. Yeah, it wasn't easy but oh well. To keep her from waking up during the procedure, I drugged her with chloroform.

She was terrified. I loved the look on her face when she realized she had no vocal cords. Utterly horrified. I then pulled my tool table closer to the chair. Katie looked at me with pleading eyes, like it would make me stop.

I decided to use a butchers knife, I haven't used it since I ordered it yet. I want to see if it works. I slowly picked it up and held it in my hands. Katie started to cry. Tears ran down her face but she made no noise. No vocal cords remember? "Stop crying," I said. She cried even more. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Stop crying and put your hand on the arm of the chair." She hesitated as she did so. Her hands were shaking, it wouldn't matter if I messed up anyway. I held her left wrist down just in case. She tried to pull away but I was much stronger than her.

I shifted the knife in my hand and pushed it down onto her hand. She wanted it to end, but I was far from done.

"Look at that! It does work." I said happily. The butchers knife did a wonderful job at cutting her fingers off. It was smooth as if it weren't even fingers I was chopping off.

I finished her off by multiple stabbings to the chest, stomach, and neck. She died of blood loss. And maybe because I punctured her heart, either way she's dead. Plus, I definitely got to see her suffer. Then, I took the body where I take all of them. The incinerator behind my building.

I neatly cleaned up the remains in my office. Now that that's finished, I need to find another to get to know. And I have just the guy. I've been looking at his records and profile for some time now. He seems like a nice guy. I can't wait to finally meet Evan Fong.