Chapter 36: Gotta Love Them.

"I guess we really are through then." My voice cracked as I turned on my heel and walked away.

"Saph, wait!" Sirius yelled.

"Siri-bug." 'Angel' began. Siri-bug? "Where are you going?" She asked innocently. I rolled my eyes, still walking.

"Saph!" Sirius grabbed my wrist and I turned around.

"Save it. And don't call me Saph. Only my friends and family call me that. Right now, you're not even close." I spat, trying to stay strong. Yet, every minute, I died a little inside. He just stood there, trying to find his own voice. "I thought-" I began. "You know what? It's no use." I turned back around and left.

"Bloody hell." I heard him say, rather quietly. Feeling tears form, again, I began to run. I kept my head down and I bumped into something, or someone. I fell on my butt and rubbed my forehead.

"Watch where you're going." He spat. I looked up. It was Severus who I bumped into. His three friends were around him.

"Sorry." I apologized. They all looked at me, confused. "What?" I asked, impatiently. "Why do you look so concerned?" I asked.

"I-I'm not. Get out of our way."

"Right." I sarcastically said. After a few seconds, I left. I grabbed my guitar from my room and went to the Common Room. Instead of crying, I thought, I'll express my feelings through songs. I began to sing.

"So this is how it feels
To get heartbreak
I cried so much
There is a lake
But you never cared enough
You've always been so tough."

I sighed as a tear rolled down my cheek. (A/N: Part of an original song.)

"You know...you're a great singer." Someone said. It was a female voice. I looked up to see Molly Prewett, a red-head, bubbly girl in my year. We're friends, just not as close as I am with Lily and Opal.

"I guess..." I looked down at the guitar and wiped away a tear with my hand.

"You really are. Wait, what's wrong?"

"Oh, it-it's nothing."

"You're sure?" She asked. I nodded. "Just know, I'm always there for a friend in need." She hugged me. I thanked her. She smiled and left after I assured her I was alright.

I grabbed my guitar again, but got interrupted. Remus, James, and Peter walked down to the Common Room.

"Hello, Starfire." James said. I smiled to him.

"Hi!" I happily said. That is, happy on the outside. On the inside, I feel like garbage.

"How are you?" Remus politely asked.

"I-I'm fine." I struggled saying.

"Sing something?" Peter asked. I looked at the guitar and back at the guys, who looked hopeful.

"Sure." I adjusted my seating position and sang the lyrics to another song I wrote.

"And who do you think you are?
Running around leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart.
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?"    

I stopped. (A/N: Lyrics from 'Jar of Hearts' by Christina Perri.)

"Go on." James urged.

"This is all I have so far." I shrugged.

"It's really good." He praised.

"Thanks." I chirped.

"Sirius doesn't deserve you if he's going to act like this." James sadly said.

"Thanks for bringing it up." I felt tears again. The repetition of tears was really starting to get to me.

"James is right, though. He doesn't. Sapphire, don't beat yourself up over this. It's his fault. He should feel guilty." Remus explained. Peter nodded.

"Thanks, you guys." I hugged them. "Group hug!" I screamed. Lily and Opal walked in.

"Why the group hug without us?" Opal pouted.

"Come here!" I gestured. They beamed as we all hugged. Best friends. Gotta love them! For the first time in a few days, I genuinely smiled.

It turned into a frown in a matter of seconds.

Look what the slut dragged in.