Chapter 8: My Birthday.

Today is my birthday. September 18th. I wake up to the sound of Lily and Opal screaming in my ears. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAPPHIRE!!!"

Opal and I are, well, friends...somehow. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but she stood up for me in the Common Room one day. We became friends throughout that time. She realized that not being like everyone else didn't make me horrible, and I realized that being fashion forward did not mean a bad personality.

Lily and Opal got me presents (picture) and I was so grateful for them. I blew on the single candle of the cupcake as I made a wish. 'I wish that everyone would stop with the comments.' I was now eleven years old. In a way, I am happy to have my two best friends with me even though I have enemies. On the other hand, the physical and emotional hurt was caused in only 18 days in Hogwarts.

        I went down to the Common Room in this: polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=36379063 and sat down, happy that today is Saturday. My day just HAD to be ruined by the oh-so-famous Marauders. As I sat on the couch eating my cupcake, they came up to me.

"Oh, it's Evergeek's birthday? Well, we have to make it extra special then don't we?" Black said. That didn't seem to be a good type of special. I tried to leave but they grabbed me by the wrists, sending my cupcake flying across the room. It hit and smudged the wall. I saw Black take out his wand. Oh. No. I knew exactly what 'special' meant.

"Stupefy!" Black exclaimed, sending me flying and hitting the wall. Just like the cupcake. I groaned. I took out my wand, hoping to fight back.

"Expelliarmus." Potter said, making my wand go to him. I was sitting near the wall, defenseless. And then Lupin did something I'd never expect him.

"Petrificus Totalus" He paralyzed me. I fell to the floor, not being able to move. I felt one of them kick me and drop my wand on me. I couldn't speak, but I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. I guess my birthday wish came true. No comments, only hexes.

Opal's P.O.V.

        When Lily gave Sapphire the cupcake, she went down to the Common Room. Lily and I were getting ready and we heard laughter followed by a 'thud.' The Marauders. We ran down the stairs, finding Sapphire, paralyzed on the floor. There was no sign of the Marauders, but we knew they did it. Lily, with her brains, found a countercurse for it and Sapphire came back with movement. She was crying. Tears flowing like a river.

"Who did this to you?" I asked, expecting the obvious answer.

"Who do you think?" she said, sobbing.

"What happened?!" Lily asked, alarmed.

"B-black stupefied me and then Potter took my wand and Lupin...p-p-paralyzed me." she stuttered  though sobs. Lupin? How could someone like him do this to her?

"I'm sorry, Saph. I really am." I said, concerned. I hugged her.

"Me, too. How can they be this cruel?" Lily asked to herself.

"I'm done." Sapphire said, breaking out of my arms. She stood up and went to our room, shutting the door.