Chapter 40: Tears.

As soon as we got off the carriage, Regulus and I went to Three Broomsticks.

"Hello." The waitress welcomed us, showing us a table. We sat down.

"What would you like today?" We watched as she pulled a strand of hair behind her ear. She was quite pretty actually, which is why Regulus was practically drooling over her. I rolled my eyes and smacked him upside the head, all the while smiling.

Quite possibly, he needed a 'piece of arm candy' to make her jealous.

"We'd like two butterbears, won't we, Reggie?"

"Y-yeah Saph." 'Reggie' said.

She walked away, and Regulus turned towards me.

"What was that about?" He tried to stifle a laugh.

"You think I like seeing my date drool over a waitress?" I scoffed back.

He put his arm around me.

"Sorry Saph, it's my bad. I promise the only girl I'll ever drool over is you." He chuckled.

I was shocked. Regulus Black, apologizing?

I watched as the waitress came back with our drinks. Good, I was shivering! Why is it so cold? I looked out to the window, and saw something flash by...what was that?! I jumped out of surprise, but Regulus calmed me down.

"Are you cold, Saph?"

I nodded and he draped his jacket around my shoulders.

Smiling, I took a sip of the beer, closing my eyes as the warmth trailed down through my throat.

"Mmm..." That noise came from Regulus.

I stifled a laugh as a shadow crossed my face, and I stopped.

"Slut." Angel spat at me and walked away.

I felt tears prickle my eyes, so I looked down at the butterbeer blinking frequently, hoping Regulus didn't see.

He pushed his chair back quite loudly, almost throwing it back.

"Reg-" I grabbed his wrist, but he shook it off and started towards Devil's and Sirius' table.

I watched in horror, tears threatening to spill over. A couple did as I saw Sirius stand up, arguing with Regulus.

Thinking Sirius would defend his newly found skimp, it was to a surprise to me when he ran over to me, filled with anger.

"What did she say to you?" He blurted out.

"What does it matter to you?!" I snapped back, tears streaming now.

"Because Sapphire! I love you, I always did, and I still do! It pains me seeing you with someone else, and not just someone, my own prat of a brother!"

More tears. And just when I'd thought that I ran out of them.

"Why'd you snog her, then?" I yelled.

"I didn't do it willingly, I swear! She was kissing me, and wouldn't stop until I kissed her back! I promise, please believe me!"

I couldn't stand it. His eyes were so pleading; you could just melt in them.

"Sirius, I..." I was thinking of what to say when he crashed his lips into mine, but I didn't kiss back. Instead, I pushed him away.

"I-I'm sorry. I just-I just can't." I stuttered. As a reflex, I ran out of the Three Broomsticks, leaving Sirius and Regulus in awe. I sat on a bench near the store where Lily, Opal, and I first got our dresses. I rolled up into a ball and put my hands over my face.

Tears flowed freely in the cold spring air.