Chapter 12: Oh. My. Godric.

After I came out of the bathroom when I changed, I jumped on the bed and flipped my book open. As I read, Opal finally walked out of the bathroom. She couldn't forget about the prank.
"I'm still so proud of you, Saph." Opal said, fake sniffling. I laughed slightly, glancing at the time. We need to get to class.
"Oh dear...Opal, let's just get to Potions. Lils?" Lily nodded. 
We ran to potions class, still arriving too late. Professor Slughorn stared at us, in addition to everyone else in the class.
"Take your seats, ladies." We did so without question. Black glanced at me with a smirk, and then stared at me. I looked down, letting my hair fall over my face. Why was he looking at me like that? It was getting uncomfortable.
"Today, you will be making a love potion with your partner. Get all your materials and start working." I groaned and went to get the ingredients and the cauldron. Black put his feet up on the table. I couldn't work on this alone, but fear got to me, so I didn't bother asking him for help.
All the Marauders still had the stamp on their heads. "Property of S.E." 
        I set the cauldron on the desk and put in all the ingredients that I remembered in the right order. I tried to remember more, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I turned around to get my Potions book from my bag, and as I turned back around, Black moved his feet. Which pushed the cauldron. To fall and drop everything onto me. My mouth agape and the perception of time slowed, I only heard the cauldron fall to the floor and the laughter that followed. The half made potion soaked through my uniform and the cauldron left a bruise. I closed my eyes for a moment, to breathe, took my bag and ran out of the classroom. As far away from them as possible. I went outside and to the Black Lake. I climbed a tree. My tree. I always sit here when I'm sad, like now, crying as I put my hands over my face. "WHY?" I screamed, but it came out no louder than a choked whisper. The crying turned into sobs and I grabbed my wand, using a spell to dry myself off. I felt warmer and spread out on the tree to lay down. I relaxed and took nice, deep breaths. 
        I heard laughs. The Marauders. I quickly rolled up in a ball and sat in the tree.

"Prongs, did you SEE her reaction?!" Black said, laughing uncontrollably. I saw Potter nod. I sighed. They were talking about me. 'It's not funny when you are on the other end.' I thought.
"That was hilarious and well thought-out, Padfoot." Lupin said laughing.
"Yeah. But, we should probably figure out who did that prank." Pettigrew squeaked out. I think that's the most I've ever heard him say.
"Riiiiight. So, who could it have been? The initials are definitely S.E." Potter said. I rolled my eyes. Count on Potter to state the obvious.
"We can eliminate the girls. No girl could ever do a prank so grand, not in this school." Lupin said, with a finger on his chin. I smiled. Sexist, yes, but flattering.
"I'm too tired for this right now. Let's check where Sap is, shall we?" Black asked. The guys nodded with evil grins. Fear rushed through me. How will they 'find' me? With a piece of parchment in Potter's hands?
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Potter said, putting his wand towards the parchment. The blank parchment turned into a parchment which said 'Marauder's Map' on it. Black opened it. Everyone in the school was shown and exactly where they are in Hogwarts. It's elaborate, and wow, was it cool. I was interested until I saw my own name. Right on top of theirs.
"Woah, where is she?" Black said, looking up. He saw me. I waved, awkwardly. I was clinging for my life on that branch.
"Oh. Hello, worthless." Potter said. Hm...should I say something? Maybe....
"Surprise?" I said. It sounded like more of a question than a statement. I started going down the tree....slowly. Very slowly. I finally got to the ground, inches away from the lake. Knowing what they would do, I quickly stepped away from the lake, near the tree. Black smirked at me and pushed me against the tree. "Ow." I groaned. They laughed at my pain, a sadistic hobby.
"Let's push her to the Whomping Willow." Pettigrew says. Oh no. I winced. The guys nodded with laughter, praising the rat-face, and start dragging me to the swinging tree. I started to fake cough. A lot. Eventually, they let go, saying they don't want to get my disease. I rolled my eyes. As they let go, I started running. I ran pretty far until I felt a pull. Potter pulled me back and whispered in my ear.
"Fat, clumsy loser." I tried to run again, only to find myself being pulled back again. I flinched.
"You're a freaky waste of space! Are your parents ashamed? I would be raising this." Black said. Tears were forming around my eyes. I didn't cry. I couldn't. Lupin kicked me. Hard. My knees gave in, as I fell, leaning against a tree. Pettigrew's hand reached for my cheek, but I grabbed his arm and pushed it back, gathering the courage I never thought I'd find.
"WHY DON'T YOU EVER STOP?" I screamed, louder than ever. I guess bottling this up all these years pays off. "WHY DO YOU BULLY ME ALL THE TIME? DID I EVER DO SOMETHING TO YOU? YOU PUSH ME DOWN EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. LET ME STAND BACK UP AGAIN! YOU SEE ALL THESE BRUISES?" I gestured to my body. "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME FOR THE PAST FOUR STINKIN' YEARS! I hope you feel good about yourselves, see if I care." I began walking away until Black pulled me back again. "WHAT?!" I snapped at him. I guess I'm no longer mute around them.
"Did you do this?" Black pointed to the stamp on his forehead. I was speechless. That's all he cares about?!
"Oh yeah? Well...as we're asking questions here, why didn't you throw my guitar at me that day on the train?" He was speechless, too. And with that, I was gone.

Sirius's P.O.V.
       She pushed Wormtail's hand back. I got confused as she stood up. "WHY DON'T YOU EVER STOP?" she began to scream. She never screams."WHY DO YOU BULLY ME ALL THE TIME? DID I EVER DO SOMETHING TO YOU? YOU PUSH ME DOWN EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. LET ME STAND BACK UP AGAIN! YOU SEE ALL THESE BRUISES?" she said, gesturing to her body. I just now noticed her bruises. We did all this to her? "THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME FOR THE PAST FOUR STINKIN' YEARS! I hope you feel good about yourselves, see if I care." she finished.

I thought about everything. S.E. are her initials. I grabbed her by the hand before she left. She snapped at me and I asked her if she did this, pointing to the stamp on my forehead that is slowly fading away.

"Oh yeah? Well...as we're asking questions here, why didn't you throw my guitar at me that day on the train?" I was speechless. I didn't know the answer to that. She smirked and walked back to Hogwarts.