Chapter 31: First Full Moon

Month Later (March 17th)

Tonight is my first full moon with the Marauders. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. Probably both. It's almost the end of dinner. After stuffing myself with food, I turned to Lily and Opal.

"So, I was wondering...we don't seem to hang out that much anymore. We're usually with our boyfriends and I thought maybe we can catch up..." I trailed off.

"Oh my Godric. Saph, it's sound like you're asking us out on a date." Opal said in disgust.

"You'd be disgusted if I did? Thanks." I let out a fake sniffle. Lily giggled. "But, anyhow, what if we take a walk near the lake? Or something." I asked.

"Tonight?" Opal asked. No way. I'll make up a silly excuse.

"No, it's way too late. How about Sunday?" I asked, referring to three days from today.

"All right." They said in unison. I sighed in relief, giving them a thumbs-up. Dinner ended at eight and we walked in the hallway to our Common Room. I didn't change into my pajamas. Instead, I took off my sapphire earrings, which I still wear every single day, and sat near the window. I do that a lot now.

"Why don't you change and go to sleep?" Lily asked, walking out of the bathroom towards her bed.

"Later, Lils. I just want to watch the moon. It's lovely, isn't it?" I asked, sighing dreamily.

"It sure is." Opal walked out of the bathroom already. Lily and I nodded. They both lied in their beds, staring into space. I kept checking the time, making sure I leave on time. I quietly took off my necklace and bracelet, setting them on the table next to my bed. Every now and then, I would check the time and if the girls were asleep. At about eleven, I saw Lily and Opal asleep, so I quietly walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. It made a small creak, but luckily, didn't wake them. I sighed in relief and went down to the Common Room. I saw the boys.

"Hello!" I waved to them.

"SHHHH!" They whisper-shouted, putting their fingers to their lips. I raised my hands up in defense.

"So-rry!" I whisper-shouted back. James rolled his eyes. "Let's get a move on!" I whispered.

"Right. Saph, I have an invisibility cloak." James confessed. My eyes widened. That's how they appear in random places sometimes. In third year, they appeared near me and threw me in the Black Lake. Harmless prank if a Grindylow hadn't grabbed me and almost drowned me. Thank god for my Lily, Sev, and Opal pulling me out. I'm losing my train of thought.

"We're going to go under the cloak, quietly, and to where the Black Lake is." He started talking, telling me  a plan I regretted not listening to. "Got the plan, Saph?" He finished explaining. I nodded, only hearing the first and last sentences. The five of us went under the soft surface of the cloak, turning invisible in a matter of seconds. I silently gasped at how effective it is. We can see everything, but no one can see us. These guys have everything to help Remus.

We bumped into a wall.

"OW! Why, Saph?" Sirius whisper-shouted.

"Sorry..." I shrugged. They all glared at me. But I could see the amusement playing in their eyes. We walked to the Black Lake and James took off the invisibility cloak. "Thank god. It was getting oddly warm in there." I said in disgust.

"Let's go?" I asked. They nodded in agreement. We ran to the Whomping Willow. Not knowing how the process works, I cautiously walked up to it, but I saw it freeze. I watched it in confusion, but finally went inside. We walked up to the Shrieking Shack. It was horribly dirty and it reeked. I pinched my nose.

"Gross." I said, with a higher voice since I pinched my nose. They laughed.

"We got used to it." Remus explained. He began coughing and groaning after a few minutes. Oh, no. The rest of us changed into our Animagus's. We ran out of the Shrieking Shack and waited for him to transform. Remus ran out as well and when I heard a loud howl, I became completely alert. I looked at the enlarged figure in front of me.

Suddenly, I became frightened.