Chapter 16: Sorry?

Sirius's P.O.V.
        That's Sapphire?!?! I couldn't believe it was her when she took off that mask. She sang amazingly and that dress, wow. Wait, no. She's ugly. And her singing, well, it's alright, I suppose. People asked for another song and she said, "So, this is for the girls that Sirius Black...um...went out with." What? My head snapped up and as well as the sea of girls I've dated. Should I be proud? She finished the song with "Yeah one day you'll be beggin' on your knees for me." I stared at her.
Woah. That's the only way to describe that song. When she was done, she sat at one of the tables. Should I ask her to dance? Yeah. I should. It might surprise her, but after everything she has been through, she deserves a dance. I came up to her and asked her if she wants to dance. Her eyes widened and she spit the water out. Great. I tried getting it off and she was processing what just happened. I grabbed some napkins and tried to dab the water off me. 

Sapphire's P.O.V.
        I spit out the water on him. I watched as he desperately tried to get the stain out. I was grabbing more napkins to help him and I muttered "Sorry...sorry."
"It's fine." he said, still getting it off.
"Whatever. It'll dry off. Just leave it alone." I said. He looked up at me and stopped.
"Right. So you didn't answer my question." he said, holding out his hand. How could I dance with him? After bullying me all these years, I stand up for myself and he wants to dance with me? Yeah, right.
"I, uh...uh...look, I..." I didn't know what to tell him. He had a look of hurt in his eyes. God dammit.
"Okay, one dance, Black." I said in disgust, grabbing his hand. A song called I Knew You Were Trouble came on. We danced awkwardly, not really touching each other. Just two bodies a few inches apart, moving to the beat.
"You don't sing bad. And you look nice." he said.
"Uh...thanks?" I said, in more of a question. He laughed.
"Yeah, that was a compliment."
"Sirius Black giving compliments? To me? Sap Evergeek?" I gasped, sarcastically.
"Yes, a compliment." he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes.
"Congratulations on your first compliment to me. All remains the same, I said with confidence in my voice. 
"Look, I....come with me." He grabbed my hand and I tried struggling out of his grip.
"EXCUSE ME!" I screamed at him. We got out of the Great Hall and he let me go. "Yes?"
"Sapphire, I'm sorry. For all those years we bullied you. I saw how much it hurt you. We saw you were angry. The prank, your songs. We know. All the physical and mental torment, I can't even begin to understand what we did to you. I am so so sorry. Please? Forgive me?" He said, putting his hands together as if he was begging.
I hesitated. Long and hard.
"Okay."
"REALLY?" His eyes lit up.
"Really. But this doesn't mean much will change."
"What?"
"I accept your apology. Thank you. But we will never be friends or more than friends. I won't ever forget what you did." He nodded. I'm glad that he apologized, but we could never be friends after what he did. After what all of them did. 

        I went back to the Great Hall and people started asking for another song. I shook them off and went up to Lily and Opal, with their dates. Potter and Lupin. Who would've thought that Sirius Black would apologize to me before them? 

As I walked up to Lily and Potter, I saw something. Lily, my precious, good, fragile Lily Evans was kissing James,  the Marauder, the bully, and many more other words I can use for him but won't. My hand covered my mouth and I walked off. Lily must have noticed, as she screamed for me to come back. I'm glad she's happy, but not happy with who. And yet, there they are, at the dance...kissing. As I was about to walk out of the Great Hall, Opal ran on stage and called my name.

"Sapphire, get on up here." I reluctantly walked up on stage and asked what she wanted.
"Well, everyone. Sapphire and I will sing you a song that she wrote before. It's called Take a Hint. Hit it." My eyes widened as I grabbed the microphone. How did she know about this song? Curse her for looking through my things. 

(Take a Hint by Victoria Justice and Liz Gillies. Sapphire's part as Victoria, Opal's as Liz)

"Take a Hint. Take a Hint." We finished.

"Take a Hint. You have to earn me." I said, referring to Black and the Marauders. I saw his mouth drop. I smirked and walked off the stage with Opal. It was the end of the dance. The headmaster went up to the stage and made an announcement.

"Thank you all for coming, and thanks to Sapphire for her music tonight. Don't forget about the singing night before the break. Original songs and not are all welcome. Thank you and goodnight." he finished. Yet another day of singing. Well, my life is actually looking up.