4. - Welcome To The Family

Start from the beginning

“Last time we played here our brother was here with us. Now he plays in heaven and sent us this little girl. This song is for you, Rev. We love you!” Everyone was quiet now and Matt sat down at his keyboard and began to play ‘Fiction’. I joined him and the others tuned also. Matt’s voice gave me bumps. This time nobody looked at my direction. I was sad. I know I didn’t know this man but I saw not only this band grieved – this hole crowed was sad. I almost cried – and I’m not that type of girl who always shows her emotions.

After this song came ‘Scream’ and it seemed like they had recovered themselves. We played some songs and the crowd applauded as we left the stage. When we were out of sight I was buried under many sweaty tattooed arms. “You were great,” Zacky screamed in my ear, ‘cause the “Sevenfold” screams outside were so loud.

“Ready for another song?” While Matt asked he went on the stage again. Zacky’s arm laid on my waist and he accompanied me to my place. The screaming was pretty loud and a big smile was on my face.

When everyone was ready I started to play. We played “Critical Acclaim” and when Matt whispered the “Shhhh be quiet we might piss somebody of” my other ‘singing’ part came. Matt had begged that I’d do my “like me motherfucker” scream again. Afterwards Matt thanked the crowed and we left the stage finally. The adrenaline pushed through my veins.

“That was unbelievable,” I said dizzy and hugged Johnny again as the others joined us. It doesn’t matter that we sweated, we were relieved. I got through the baptism of fire.

It still needed some time till we could go. It was like a blur. Larry hugged me and said he was very proud of me; the girls came and assured I did a great job.

“Sorry ‘bout marrying your man,” I told Val. She just laughed and said he had married Jimmy a lot more, so she’s used to that. Zacky gave me a hoodie and I thankfully put it on.

There would be a party at Zacky’s so I drove home while the others went straight to his place. I just needed a shower! When I arrived at home I took a little walk with Peanut. After that I took a quick shower. I straightened my hair – and was very pleased with Gena’s work. I put makeup on, but it turned out to be a little more, so I had a very dark eye makeup and just a little bit colorlessly lip gloss on my lips. I had decided to wear a dress my mother bought me. It was a black dress, which only covered one shoulder. It was pretty simple. There was a small silver bound on the hips. I took black ballerinas and when I took a look in the mirror I saw a huge smile covering my face. I was satisfied with me!

I called for a taxi, because I didn’t want to take my car. While waiting I called my dad. He had waited for my call and was as excited as I was. I could tell he was very proud, too.

When I arrived at Zacky’s I was shocked. He owned a huge house – almost a villa. I heard voices and music from the backyard. I searched for faces I knew, but there were so much people I haven’t seen before.

Finally I saw Michelle and was relieved. I quickened my pace and hugged her from behind.

“You look beautiful,” she said with her stunning smile.

“You, too.” She was wearing a dress – also a black one, but hers was all covered with sequins. “You know where the others are?”

She shrugged but then I saw Gena and Val stepping out of the house. They looked around and waved as they saw us. They deluged me with compliments. Maybe I should wear dresses more often, so they get used to it.

“We have to take a picture,” Gena said and tipped a man on his shoulder and asked him, if he could take on. We posed and then we heard a “There are some of my favorite woman.” We turned around and saw Syn standing behind us.