I laughed and put her down, grabbing her hand. “Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”

“Spongebob Squarepants!” She yelled.

*****

“Can I ask you something?” I asked Jay

“You can ask me anything, Rose.” He smiled.

“Did you kill the woman that wanted to get revenge on Christopher that night at the club?”

He laughed. “Georgina? No. She’s an undercover cop like me. She was wearing a bulletproof vest so the bullet never penetrated her skin.”

“What about the blood?” I asked, “Christopher said there was blood.”

“It was fake blood. The NYPD uses that a lot.” He explained.

I nodded, relived. “I thought you killed an innocent woman.”

The thought had been bothering me ever he had told me he was a cop but I kept quiet out of fear. I couldn’t take it if I found out that the person I could trust was also a coldhearted killer. I needed an angel in my life and right now that person was Jay.

“I would never kill an innocent person, Rose,” He comforted me. “I’ll be right back. I have to go get some drinks out of my car.”

I nodded, letting him give me a quick peck before he left. Shay walked up to me wearing a denim mini skirt and a blue halter top making her blue eyes pop out. 

“Are you sure they’re here?”  I asked Shay, looking around. The party was packed and it was hard to see if Christopher or Emily had arrived.

 The party was a typical house party with hormonal people in their early twenties.

She nodded. “Yes. I saw them arrive. He’s with Emily. Its like they’re attached to the hip.”

I grimaced, not liking the idea. 

 My grimace disappeared as I saw Jay walking in the door. His eyes lit up as he saw me, making me blush. We were only apart for a minute but having him close instantly made me feel safe and comforted.

“Hey beautiful.” He kissed my lips quickly and grabbed my hand. “So is he here?”

I nodded. “He is.”

I had told Jay about our plan and he agreed to it wanting to trick Christopher as soon as possible so all of this could be over.

I tensed as I saw Christopher with Emily by his side.

“Let the plan begin.” Shay whispered with a huge smile on her face.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jay whispered in my ear, squeezing my hand in comfort.

I nodded. “Positive.”

Jeremih’s Down on Me started playing and I brought Jay to the dance floor smiling. 

“Do you think this will actually work?” I asked Jay, nervous.

He softly chucked. “He already spotted us.”

He grabbed me by the hand and started to lead me closer to him. I briefly closed my eyes, listening to the beat of the music and started grinding on Jay. I was never really the one to dirty dance with a guy before out of shyness and uncomfort but seeing Christopher’s angry gaze encouraged me to continue.  

Jay pulled me even closer, his hands on my waist.

“This is fun.” He whispered in my ear, smirking.