24 - Disappear

Depuis le début

            “Please, Pey. You have no idea how hard it was—“

            “Just stop!” I yelled as I started leaving my room to just get away from Jace who was still moving towards me. His light eyes were locked with my brown ones and I found it impossible to look away. “Please!”

            “Just let me talk to you with no interruptions and I’ll stop.”

            I continued backing away but once I reached the stairs, I didn’t realize it and tripped. I started falling backwards and my head hit the wall before Jace caught my arm preventing me from falling completely down the stairs. He pulled me to his body instinctively and I cringed away from him, hurt obviously reflecting in both of our eyes but along with that, I knew there was betrayal in mine.

            “Sorry…”

            “You should be,” I was about to walk to my room again but Jace stood in my way still. “Seriously, leave me alone. Haven’t I gone through enough already all because of you?”

            “I’m sorry about that too but I had to—“

            “You weren’t forced. There were many other ways that you could’ve done to earn the money that you needed,” My eyes found his. “I trusted you and now look where I am now.”

            I pushed past him and walked to my room with him closely following. I was about to close my door until I heard him talk for yet another time.

            “I’m sorry. I really am. I wish this hadn’t happened because I honestly do want to be friends with you again,” I heard him sigh deeply. “Look, when I talked about all those personal topics, I wasn’t lying. So if we could put this whole thing behind us—“

            “Tell the school the truth then I’ll consider it,” the words came out of my mouth. I turned around and looked him straight in the eyes. “I don’t like being the bad guy in this situation.”

            He pursed his lips together and looked down. “I can’t… Kayla still wants to do this and I need the money—“     

            “Bye, Jace.”

            I closed my door and locked it behind me before he could open it again. He hands started pounding on my door to open it again so we could finish talking but I just sunk to the ground and let the sobs come out.

            I looked up at the mirror that still held the message that Kayla and the others had written. Slut. I wiped some tears off my cheeks, drew my knees to my chest, and rested my chin on my arms while I continued listening to Jace pounding on my door until all his attempts just stopped.

            I thought about the whole Jace/Kayla situation mixed with the Dillon/Lauren one and how the whole school hates me other than Chase. What did I ever do to deserve this?

            After hours passed, the party finally quieted down and I was able to fall asleep only to wake up mere hours later on my own. I got up, got dressed, and walked downstairs to get some breakfast. Along the way I saw many people passed out on the ground. I got some food then waited for Sean to come over to practice our part in Romeo and Juliet. After some time had passed, some of the people that had passed out here made their way out but some were still here. The ones leaving would notice me then glare. Whenever a new person came, I tried to bury myself into the cushions of the couch and hope to never be found again.