prologue

on repeat
2|20|16
word count: 424

i sat in that damn hospital bed, day after day, hoping for the same thing; my cancer to be gone. yet somehow, it slowly seemed to get worse.

i have two years before i'm predicted to be dead. and from what the doctor said, with the pace that it could be much sooner.

i found out that i had lung cancer two years ago, when i was sixteen. i had been taking an exam and passed out. that was my last day attending high school. i was rushed to the hospital, woke up, two days later, and received the news of my illness.

a few days later, i was scanning tumblr and found troye sivan. so i watched his first ever youtube video, and then i watched every single one of them. i found his EP 'trxye' on itunes and bought it immediately.

fast forward two years, here i am. laying in what seemed to be my second home, listening to 'trxye' and troye's newest EP 'wild'. it was all i did all day, listen to that angel on repeat.

my family found it concerning, my best friend, andrea, found it amazing, and my doctor said it was normal.

i practically begged my doctor to allow me to go to troye's concert. he said i was too weak. so i listened to the songs on repeat.

and if i'm not listening to troye (or doing any other internet activities), i make lists. lists of things that i want to accomplish before i'm dead.

so my parents bend over backwards to make sure these things happen for me, for their son who's dying. god bless peter and cheyrl franta.

this year i have visited london, successfully kept a plant alive, bought a cat, and made a friend.

the things i accomplished were way outnumbered by the things that i didn't get to do. like hit 50k on tumblr, or fall in love, or tell brandon that i used his toothbrush to clean pre. and i didn't get to tell troye sivan how much he meant to me, in real life.

every page started with the same words; before i go.

a/n: i decided to start an au for some reason. so here it is. i was inspired by lovetronler 's au, breathe. my plot is completely different though so don't worry!

i will probably be keeping the chapters relatively short (300-1,000 words).

my updating schedule will be at total random so just keep with me.

love you!

rylee

♥︎