34 Confession

#6
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Great Luna I am not in a gaming mood Edmond." Kai growled, lifting his head.

Then she had an idea. She lowered her face to his.

"Please wake up. " she whispered.

I will make him wake up.

She let her hair drape around him as she placed her hand on his cheek. Kai pressed her lips gently to his and parted his lips with hers. Edmond's eyes opened in confusion and surprise. Kai released a small bubble of air into his mouth. He began to melt in her arms. Then she pulled away leaving Edmond out of breath. With that, the prince leaned over the edge of the boat coughing up sea water. A sigh of relief came out of Kai as Edmond laid back down.

" Oh Edmond, are you alright?"

"Kai I did not know you had that in you." He beamed.

" What?" Kai asked in surprise. Then her eyes widened in realization. " You were awake the whole time?"

" No, I woke up to a beautiful woman's kiss."

Kai was speechless. Edmond tried pulling her in for another kiss but she pulled away. And then, without warning, she slapped him.

"You moron!" She yelled "You scared me to death!"

" I came back for you! I said I was sorry and you ran! You were injured and weak. I wasn't about to let you die!" He argued as he sat up.

"I fled because you were about to asualt me!"

Guilt spread across Edmond's face. He leaned back down and looked away.

"I know," he said quietly "first the kiss and now this. I know I'm horrible. I just really want to be... with you. I feel like I can do the impossible when I'm with you."

With me? He's not making any sense. Kai thought.

He looked back up at her and noticed Kai's hair had fallen around his face. It was like a dark silky curtian flowing all around him protecting him from the world. Her face was above his just inches apart. He couldn't help but be entranced by her purple gaze and once again felt vulnerable in her presence.

"I'm not making any sense to you am I?"

The mermaid shook her head.

Kai too, was looking into his eyes agian. They had that puppy look agian. That charming, hazel glint. She could tell he really was sorry. Edmond was really adorable when he looked helpess. The way he looked at her was confuesing. She had never seen anyone look at her like that. Kai couldn't understand it, nor could she understand the way he made her feel. It was like he was her Achilles heel, for he was the only one who made her feel physically weak. But she said nothing.

"Kai I know it's improper between unmarried people. And although I have committed that sin before, you are too special to me. I refuse to allow my imperfection to ruin you. I don't know what came over me. I really am sorry."

Married? What is this married he speaks of?

"You are willing to be patient?..." Kai asked quietly.

Wait for what? Kai wondered.

"Yes, of course. A million times yes. I'd wait a whole lifetime if it meant spending a few seconds with you. " He declared. " Doing anything at all."

Kai sighed, over dramatically. "What will I do with you?! Just...don't do what you just did, without warning... you are forgiven. But I did not appreciate what you just did. I don't approve."

"I understand. I'm sorry." Edmond smiled at her and opened his arms to her.

" I don't think so, I know your tricks, you need to sit up."