Chapter 20

Chapter 20 (Nico's POV)

2 Months Later

I sat at the dinner table, listening to Dad talk about our trip. "I want you both to be up by 5:30. Our plane leaves at 7:00 and we can't miss it." He stopped for a second, then sighed. "Is he still staying?"

Percy and I told my dad we were together when he got back from his business trip. He wasn't angry, if anything he was confused. When Percy left that night, he asked a series of questions like "Why him?" and "What happened to that Solace boy?"

"Yes, he is." Percy and I thought it was a good idea for him to stay for the night, then leave when we leave in the morning. My dad hesitantly agreed, only if Percy was sleeping on the floor and the door had to be open. But something told me he wouldn't mind making Percy sleep on the porch.

"That's fine, but lights out by nine."

...

The last day of school went by quickly. We got our exams back, but that's really it. Will's relationship with Jake still was going smoothly. The three of us started sitting with Percy's group at lunch. I got used to Jason, but Leo got on my nerves.

For the last lunch of the school year, we had sandwiches in sack lunches. Ham and cheese wasn't my favorite, but I got a cookie with it so it wasn't that bad. "When are you getting back from your trip?" Jason asked. Hazel was the one who answered, "next Tuesday."

"Send me a postcard," Leo said from a few seats down.

"I'm still staying with you tonight, right?" Percy and I had sleepovers often, but mostly at his house. My dad always tried to make dinner as awkward as possible. "If you want to, nothing has changed."

"Okay, we'll stop by my house to get my clothes." I nodded, then crumpled up the wrapper from my sandwich.

The last hours flew by, people walked around, getting other students to sign their yearbooks. I patiently watched the clock, knowing when the time ran out, I'll no longer be a sophomore.

Percy and I hopped in his car. Excited, screaming students ran through the parking lot to get to their cars as well. "Hey, you wanna do something to celebrate the last day?"

"Like what?" I asked, watching the road through the windshield. "Well, we could go swimming." I smiled, Percy and I had been swimming together for fun ever since I completed my lessons.

"Sure, why not." Percy smiled back and drove over to his apartment. I watched him pack his clothes for the night at my house and his swim clothes. "I don't have my swim trunks," I said. "Here, you can borrow a pair of mine."

He handed me a pair of red swim trunks with a green strip around the bottom of them. "Thanks." Borrowing things like that wasn't a big deal to me anymore. The first time he stayed the night, he had to wear a pair of my boxers.

When we got to the activity center, Percy and I paid for an hour in the pool. "You wanna race?" I rolled my eyes, "you'd win, like usual." He laughed, "oh come on, please?" I sighed, "fine."

We raced down the deep pool together, my swimming was fast, but not as good as Percy's. He beats me by about seven seconds. "Io vinco!" he said in victory. I finally reached the edge, "non era giusto."

"How was it not fair? I beat you." I narrowed my eyes, "you've had tons of practice."

"Yeah, and you know how? Racing faster people." My glare fell, he had a point. "Fine, but it's still not fair."

We swam around for the rest of the hour. At one point, Percy turned the racing into playful splashing and random kisses. "Come on, our hour's up," I said and made my way to the ladder.

"When you get back, we're doing this again" Percy declared as he followed me out of the water. "Will do."

Percy wasn't any less playful in the locker room. He tried to dry my hair for me, chased me around with a wet towel, and tried to tickle me more than once. "What is with you today?" I asked as we left the locker room. "I'm in a good mood since it's the last day of school, and I want to have fun with you before you leave."

"Well, we can try to have fun while I pack, but I doubt dinner would be something to look forward to." Percy's smile faltered, dinner with my dad was always the toughest part to go through. "It's fine, I'll be careful with what I say this time." My dad also liked to take things Percy said out of context. "Or maybe, you just not talk during dinner."

...

Not talking during dinner didn't work so well. Halfway through the awkward time eating chicken alfredo, my dad decided to start picking on Percy again. "Why are you so quiet?"

"Uh, what do you want me to talk about?" My father shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. What do you want to talk about?" Percy's eyes searched the table for something to say. I decided to step in, "what about the plan for tomorrow morning?"

Percy sent me a grateful look. My dad sighed, "well, we'll all get up at about 5:30, and hopefully leave by 6:15." He looked between Hazel and me, "are you two packed?" Hazel nodded, she had been preparing for the trip all week.

"Not completely," I said, "I'm still waiting for a load of clothes in the dryer." He nodded, "after dinner, finish packing everything. Go through the checklist and make sure you don't go over the bag limit." He looked back over at Percy, "so, what do you do with my son to keep him out of the house for so long?"

After dinner, Percy left the table as fast as he could. I got my clothes from the dryer and met him in my room. "I just have to fold these clothes, then I'll be ready to pack."

"Why do you have to fold your clothes? I just throw them in there."

"I would do that, but it makes more room." I can only bring a suitcase and a small handbag on the plane. Space was limited. I packed my clothes, my phone charger, a book I was reading, and a few other things I would need.

My dad came in to see if I was packed yet. "Make sure you get your toothbrush in the morning," he said as he checked over what I already had. He looked over at Percy, "you know you're sleeping on the floor, right?"

Percy nodded weakly, "yes Sir, that was made very clear." My dad smiled, "good. Well, I guess that's it. I'm going to bed, lights out at nine." He patted Percy on the shoulder on his way out. "The floor," he said to him again. Percy nodded quickly, "got it."

I smiled and shook my head, "sorry he's giving you a hard time." Percy shrugged it off, "it's fine."

I set my bags down by the wall and Percy started making his pallet. "You know, you can sleep with me. He won't find out." He didn't look so sure, but I pulled him in my bed anyways. "I'll set my alarm clock at about 4:30, so then you can move to the floor before he gets up."

"Thank you," he said, followed by a kiss.

We laid down together and pulled the blankets up around us. He kissed me again and whispered, "do we really have to get up at 4:30?" I shook my head, "no, just move to the floor and you can sleep there. I really doubt you want to be caught in the bed with me."

His face shown it all, he really didn't want that. I gave him a small smile and another kiss.

The small kisses turned into something more than that. It wasn't our first time, though.

After that, we both fell asleep.

One more chapter. I already written and edited the ending so let me know when you want it.

Feedback please and point out any mistakes if you see them. Thank you.