Chapter 15

Chapter 15 (Percy's POV)

I sat down at Nico's lunch table with Nico and Will. He asked me to sit with him after our basketball game so I could get know Will better. "Hey guys" I said set my tray down. My appearance seemed to have startled them out of a little argument they were having. "Hey Percy" Nico greeted without looking at me.

Will huffed and turned his attention back at me. "So, he refuses to tell me anything. How did it happen?" I swallowed down my embarrassment as Nico nearly jumped out of his chair. "Will!"

"What? I told you I'll ask him." Nico glared, "yeah and I told you not to." I wondered if they always bickered like that. It was quite funny actually. It wasn't a serious fight. Will clearly only wanted to get under Nico's skin. I picked at my stake fingers as the argument died down. "Are you driving him home today?" Will asked me another question. I nodded, "We have our tutoring lesson today."

"Good. Because I already made plans." Nico narrowed his eyes, "what is that supposed to mean?" Will shrugged, "I made plans with Jake."

"Who's Jake?" I asked, finally seeing a slot in the conversation. "Jake Mason. His boyfriend of two days." Nico answered with a sarcastic look to Will. The thought settled in my mind. Will had a boyfriend. A new one, but it didn't matter. A deep worry seemed to unbind itself deep inside my stomach. All my previous thoughts seemed really stupid at that moment forward. Will then became a likeable guy.

"I think he's in my science class. Nice guy." Will nodded in agreement. "Yeah, he is a nice guy. Someone I could spend time with when Mr. Princess over here is busy." That time Nico almost knocked him out of his chair. Despite the punch, Will was laughing. I tried to stop smiling, but it didn't work.

...

I knew he was watching me, he always watched me during my swim practice. I didn't mind though, I thought it was funny how he thought I didn't notice. We walked out of school and got into my car. "Do you want to go somewhere before we go to my house?" Nico looked at me, "where?"

"Annabeth has invited us to McDonald's." His curious expression turned into a slight frown, "why?" I honestly didn't know why. But, I told her we would go. "I don't know, but she really wanted us to come." Nico sighed, "Okay, we can go." I smiled and drove over to the restaurant.

Annabeth was already there, waiting by the front door. She waved at us as we got out of the car. "Hey guys. Hungry?" I then knew why she wanted to meet up with us. She wanted to see if we were finally together. I haven't told anyone, not even her and it was driving her crazy.

We walked in to see only a few people in line. "What are you getting?" I asked Nico. He pulled out his wallet out of his back pocket. "I want chicken nuggets." He pulled out a five and handed it to me. "Order it for me please. I have to go to the bathroom." He ran off and left us in the line. "I'm going to find out." she muttered beside me. I smiled, "good luck with that because I'm not telling."

"You are together aren't you?" she grinned. "Maybe" I shrugged, knowing I was getting on her nerves. She glared at me and got up to the counter to order her food. I ordered Nico's and mine since he hasn't come back yet. "Let's sit over here." Annabeth led me to a table by the window. I saw Nico come around the corner and joined us. "Just in time" I laughed. He smiled weakly, "thanks."

I noticed Annabeth watching us, so I just smiled cheekily at her. A guy then walked up to our table, "Annabeth?" She turned to look at him. "Oh hi Justin." The guy smiled at her, "what's up?"

"Oh nothing much, I'm just getting something to eat with my friends. Wanna join us?" She looked over at Nico and me, "do you mind?" We shook your heads, "of course not." She smiled again and looked back at Justin. Justin shrugged, "okay then. Let me just go order and I'll join you."

Justin walked back up to the front. Annabeth turned back in her seat. Her face was slightly flushed like she was just in the cold. She noticed I was looking at her and gave me that watch it look. I decided to pick on her, "You like him." She glanced behind her, "shut up Seaweed Brain." Nico snickered. I narrowed my eyes at him, "you think that's funny huh?"

He straightened up and cleared his throat, "yes." Annabeth laughed. Justin came back and sat beside Annabeth.

I found out he was in her math class. They had a lot in common, both got A's, they both aspired to be architects, and they both liked art. I thought Annabeth would be happier with someone she can relate to better. I had already moved on so it was great to know Annabeth was moving on as well.

After an hour of talking, Nico reminded me we still had our tutoring lesson.

"We need to go, but we'll see you later" I said and gathered out trash. We all exchanged our goodbyes and left Annabeth and Justin alone. I honestly thought Annabeth liked it better that way.

Nico and I left and drove to my apartment. "We are learning animals this week" Nico said as we got out of the car. "Yeah, they are easy right? I like the easy ones." He rolled his eyes, "they're okay. And you have to get used to the hard words." I scoffed and pushed the elevator button.

"Can we work in my room again? I like it better in there?" I asked. He nodded, "sure. But you need to focus." I rolled my eyes playfully and headed to my room.

We set our stuff up on the bed and I was happy to know that Nico was going to sit on my bed with me. It was a sign of trust I guess. The fact that he didn't sit with me last time but did it this time said a lot.

Nico got out his notes and I did the same, along with some flashcards. I liked those things, it was easy to study with them.

"The first word is wolf, lupo." I said the word and wrote it down on a piece of paper. "Next is dog, cane." I wrote that one down as well. I liked hearing him speak Italian, he had an accent that was blended with American and Italian. Speaking Italian brought out his Italian side. I loved it.

He continued to tell me the words and helping me pronounce them and I would write them down. After we went through all the words, we took a break from Italian. Unfortunately to Nico that meant doing math homework. I groaned, like I usually did, but did the worksheet anyway. Quickly.

"Now can we take a real break? I'm tired of homework."

"After you do your flashcards." I huffed, he was strict, but doing homework with him made it go faster. Maybe it was because he never let me procrastinate. "But my hand is cramping." I started to massage my hand to prove my point. He rolled his eyes, "fine. Five minutes." I smiled, I knew that wouldn't work again for a while, but at least I stalled homework for about five minutes.

He put his math homework away and laid down on the mattress. I laid down beside him and faced him. Our eyes met and I smiled at him. He smiled back and averted his gaze to the blanket. "Do I get anything for doing everything you ask me to?"

"You mean complain about everything I ask you to do?" I shrugged, "I still did it." The corners of his mouth lifted a little. He leaned forward for a kiss. I took his lips with mine and enjoyed his reward.

The kiss grew longer, I took this opportunity to run my fingers through his soft, dark hair. He moved a little closer and rested his hand on my shoulder. I pulled him closer by his waist and left my hand there on his hip. He didn't seem to mind. The kiss grew a little faster and the need for air grew as well. It finally separated us, which I wasn't ready for. Nico sat up, panting slightly. "Come on, let's get back to work."

I sat up and looked at him. He sighed, "if we finish our homework in enough time, then we can move on to other things." I caught on to what he was saying, and started my flashcards without another word.

Chapter 15 out of 21. This story will be ending soon.

Please point out any mistakes. Spelling, grammar or any other small things like that. It helps me improve my writing and I will go back and fix it. Help me out please.

Also, this is my first book so I would like some feedback on it.

Thanks for reading. :)