I'm Still Alive

Blood spilled from my wound. It hurt, a reminder that I really was just a mere human. Not some God that humanity depended on to save them, to kill hundreds of titans without a scratch. I was just, human. However the painful sight before me was ten-hundred times as hurtful as the fatal wound.

Eren cried over my injured body. It wasn't the first time I'd seen Eren cry, but the fact he was crying over me made me feel so guilty. 

"Levi... I-" his cries made it hard for him to talk. Using the strength that I had, I lifted my arm to stroke a tear away from his eye. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I muttered. "No matter what anyone says, you are about as human as I."

He looked up at me, his ocean green eyes sparkling with tears.

"Then don't leave me."

I pushed up, my lips locking with his. The sweet taste entering my mouth, fitting perfectly with his. I pulled away, my eyes on his as my breathing shortened.

"Listen to me Eren, what you've given me has made this whole fucking world the best thing I've ever experienced. No matter what, in this world or the next, I will always love you, and I will always be with you. But if this really is the last time I'll get to see you, then promise me, you will defeat the titans, and you will live till the end, and you will remember me."

He stared at me, his eyes struggling to keep the salty liquid contained. 

"Yes Captain." He replied. " In every world, I'll choose you, and I'll choose you over and over and over, without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I'll keep choosing you. I love you Levi."

"And I love you." Though I hate to admit it, I could feel a salty tear fall down from my eye. The pain returned from the wound and I could feel my heartbeat slowing down. I swiftly pushed my mouth over Eren's once more. The last thing I wanted to remember was his mouth. And that he returned the feelings I felt for him. As we kissed, I felt my body go limp in his arms. My heartbeat stopped. The beautiful sight of his face darkened to nothing.

"Levi! LEVI!" A quick jolt of incredible pain overtook my body, but by the time it ended, the world had stopped existing. Eren was alive whilst I would remain a rotting corpse, alone without him.

-

Have you ever woken up after a dream where you jumped, then your body feels the impact of your bed as if you had landed on it? That was what I felt when I woke up.

I had no idea where I was. I was in, a room? Wait, my room. A strange vibration came from the side of me. I saw a strange silver box. A picture of Hanji's smiling face next to my annoyed one jumped up and down. 'Hanji Calling'. I read in English, English? How could I read English when it's a myth, no, it was a common language in areas like England and America, the city New York, being the location where my home was. I took the phone in my hands and touched the answer button, holding it up to my ear. How I knew what it was and how it worked I hadn't a clue. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Levi! Oh my goodness! Levi where am I? Where are you? What's happening!" I heard Hanji's voice ask repeatedly. "Where are the titans?"

"I don't know, but I think I'm in my house, in New York?"

"New York, isn't that a-" she went silent. "Oh God, we're speaking English."

I actually didn't notice, but I had also spoken English.

"Well, what language were we speaking before?" I asked. "And how did I get here?"