Unfit to be a Mother: 11

Start from the beginning

            “Jeremy Marks, it’s been a while.” She said, looking almost scared.

            “Hi, Mrs. Currnan! I haven’t seen you since the time I walked into the copy room to find you and Mr. Roberts…” He trailed off with a knowing smirk.

            With that, teacher sex became scarier than parent sex. “I need my schedule.”

            “Oh, didn’t you hear?”

            “Uh, if I had I probably wouldn’t be here.”

            “Juniors and seniors go to the gym to retrieve their schedules. Freshmen and sophomores have to go to the cafeteria.” She smiled and her eyes flicked toward my belly.

            “Okay, and please stop staring at my bump. I have the entire student body to do that. I don’t think they need your help.” I said sarcastically in my sweetest voice.

            “Sorry,” she muttered.

            “See you around, Mrs. Currnan!” Jeremy called as I pulled him out of the office.

            “She’s a bitch. Was she really with Mr. Roberts?”

            “Yup, and she was married.”

            “Wow.” I walked toward the cafeteria. Jeremy was following me, as was everybody’s eyes. “Ugh, this is going to get old fast.”

            “Well, you had sex with him. Just remember—Next time, PRACTICE SAFE SEX!” He shouted and burst out laughing.

            “Oh my god,” I shook my head. “You, mister, better continue to PRACTICE SAFE SEX. Dad will have your head if you get a girl pregnant.”

            “Don’t worry, baby sis, I always PRACTICE SAFE SEX!” He was screaming it at that point. I was doubled over in laughter. He was such a freak. A few people chuckled at us and others stared at us like we just walked through a wall.

            “Okay, bye, Jeremy!” I hugged him. “I’m going to find Jeffery. It’s his first day of high school.”

            “Don’t scare him too bad.” He patted my back awkwardly and pushed me toward the doors.

            I ignored the obvious stares, smiling and waving to everybody. You’d think they’d never seen a pregnant girl before. A familiar red mop of hair surfaced in the crowd. “Liam!” I attacked him. “Sup, bitch. I’m hyper. I shouldn’t have put all that sugar in my cereal. I feel so good right now. Man, I wish I had some coffee.” I was petting it head. He watched me, obviously amused.

            “I really think you’ll be fine without the coffee.”

            “Nope! Let’s go find Jeffery.”

            “Did you get your schedule?”

            “Jeffery first.” I grabbed Liam’s hand and skipped through the crowd, dragging him along. “Oh! I have goldfish crackers in my bag!”

            “Jenna, I think you need to sit down and calm down. We can look for Jeffery at lunch.” He seemed hesitant with his words.

            “I’m fine Liam. I figured that if they want to stare, I’ll give them something to stare at.” I grinned at him. “Same old Jenna, still snarky, bitchy and tricky.” I patted my own head.