Baby We're Fate

It's Wednesday night and I'm making a quick dinner when I get a call from Regina. "Hey, what's up?" I say.

"Emma? Hey! I'm so sorry I couldn't call you back sooner. I've been super busy."

"No, it's okay." I reassure her.

"Robin took me to Vermont over the weekend, and I've been trying to catch up on work."

"Hold on, you guys went to Vermont? That's amazing! What's the special occasion?"

"5 month anniversary. His idea, of course. It was super pretty there. I can show you pictures when I see you again."

"Wow. You have to tell me everything. Are you free this weekend?"

"Yeah, if I can finish my work in time. We'll see."

"Okay, but anyway, I was going to ask you something. What are you doing for Christmas?"

"Nothing much. Why?"

"Would you like to come over for Christmas dinner, just like Thanksgiving?"

"Emma, are you sure? What if I cook this time?"

"Okay, wonderful!" I glance at the clock. "I should be going. See you."

"Yep. See ya."

I go into my room and turn on my computer. I call him at 7 pm and he answers. "Hey, love." He says.

"Killian." I say, smiling. "How are you?"

"Better now that I can see you."

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too. Oh, by the way, I got this in the mail." He says, reaching next to him and lifting up a box so I can see.

"Who's it from?" I say, even though I know it's mine.

"Hmmm." He says, looking at the tag. "Someone named Emma Swan xoxo."

I blush and then turn back towards the camera. "Merry Christmas, Killian."

"Emma, thank you so much. Is it alright if I open it now?" He asks.

"Go ahead."

He cuts open the box and pulls out the card first. "Dear Killian Jones..." he starts reading out loud.

As he continues to read the card, I can see the emotion on his face as he embraces my words. By the end, a tear falls onto his cheek. Then he looks on the next page and sees the poem. He reads it out loud and suddenly I get emotional. When he gets to the end, we both sit quietly.

"Emma, that was so beautiful. I love you so much."

"I'm glad you like it." I say, wiping away my last tear. "My father read that poem to my mom at their wedding."

"Wow." He whispers. "Thank you."

He folds my letter back up and puts it next to him on his desk. He goes back to the box and pulls out the umbrella. "Hey!" He says, his face breaking out into a smile.

I smile back. "To help you on your journey back to New York."

Then he takes out the perfume bottle. "My perfume." I say. "Hopefully it reminds you of me."

He sprays it and smells it. "Oh, wow." He says. "This is a great idea. I can definitely tell it's yours." He sprays some on the letter and all around the room.