Our First Date (Part 2)

We walk to the parking lot and get into his car. "Okay, so what's the plan?" I ask.

"I told you, Emma, it's a surprise." he says, starting the engine.

"What? Can't you at least tell me a hint?" I plead. "Pretty please?"

He glances over at me and smirks. "Fine. This is our first date. I want to make it special."

I smile and look into his eyes. "Alright. I'll take that."

As he drives me toward an unknown destination, Killian reaches over and takes my hand in his. He gives my hand a quick squeeze and I squeeze his hand back. We stay like that the whole trip, each giving a little squeeze. I would have started conversation, but the moment was too peaceful to interrupt. City lights outside our windows, soft music playing in the background, holding each other's hand.

We drive to the edge of Brooklyn and find a parking spot on the street. I get out of his car and see the sunset on the water. "Wow." I can't help saying.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asks, walking up to me from the other side of the car.

"Yeah. So gorgeous." I say, looking at him.

"I know I am, darling. I was talking about the sunset." He says, and we both start giggling. He takes my hand and leads me to the restaurant.

"The River Café." I read. "How cute."

"Yes, well, once you see the view of the city from inside, then you can judge how cute this place is."

We walk up to the waiter in the front of the restaurant and Killian says he has a reservation for two. The waiter leads us to a table right near the huge windows looking out onto the city. Killian pulls out a chair for me and I sit down and whisper a quick "thank you," to him. He sits down across from me and the waiter leaves. I glance out the windows and gasp. "Wow, this is an amazing view."

"Pretty cute, huh?" Killian asks, smirking.

I scoff. "Very funny."

I look at all the dishes on the menu. "Have you been here before?"

"Many times. All of the food here is very good so don't worry about deciding."

"What are you getting?" I ask.

"I think I'll get the steak." He says. I look at the description. "Oooh, that sounds really good." I look at the rest of the options. "Hmmm...the chicken or the halibut?"

"Chicken. One of my favorites." He says, smiling.

"Alright, sounds yummy." I say.

A waitress comes to our table. "Hello! I'm going to be your waitress. My name is Maddy. What would you like to drink?"

I look at Killian. He orders, "I'll have the rum, thanks."

"I'll have the same thing." I say.

"Alright. You're drinks will be out shortly." She looks at us and smiles. "I'll get a candle for the table. It's more romantic." Then she walk off.

We both raise our eyebrows. "I like her." Killian says.

"Me too. You might say she's cute." I say, unable to resist.