Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Are they here yet” I wined shamelessly

“For the fifth time White, no they are not here yet”, Evan snapped at me

“Well, what is taking them so long. I have places to be at” I spoke looking up at the sky. We had been waiting for more than an hour and the so called people Chambers wanted me to meet hadn’t shown up yet.

“Yeah places like being holed up in your room can wait, this is important.” he said while running his hand through his hair making it stick up at odd angles. As much as I hated to admit it making him more look cuter but that didn’t distract me from what he said.

“Look Chambers, as much as you think you have everyone’s lives figured out you really don’t.” I huffed

“Oh but I do White, what else is there in your pitiful life of yours besides studying? For as long as I’ve known you that’s all you seem to do”

“Well you don’t me very well do you then” I told him calmly. I had grown tired with this argument and waiting, in just a few hours I had to be at work in the gym and wasting my energy here would not help so I decided to call a truce.

“I have a suggestion Chambers” I started

“If this is more whining I have no intention of hearing …” he began to say but I cut him off.

“Just shut up and listen me would you” I snapped “I am trying to stop us from arguing at the time okay. As much as I would love hating you all the time if we are going to work together we need to stop this and at least try to get along. ”

He opened his mouth to say something,

“And no condensing remarks about my life because honestly Chambers you know nothing about me”, I said tiredly closing my eyes and leaning against the trunk. He stayed quiet for some time after that. The wind was slowly blowing carrying the sounds of happy families to the quiet between us.

This was the first time I felt any sort of semblance of peace while in close quarters with Chambers. He brought a disturbance of energy with him that always riled me up, but right now I think we developed acceptance of each others company.

I smiled at that who would have thought that Chambers and I would one day be comfortable with each other. I was just basking in this thought when he cleared his throat causing me to open my eyes and look at his; which were staring at me.

I raised a questioning brow at his stare; he just shook his head as if ridding it from its thoughts and spoke, “You’re right”

Of course I am I thought but didn’t say it out loud.

“We need to stop with this shit and yeah try to get along and all that”, he finished uncomfortably.

Well, well Mr. Popular is uncomfortable at the thought of us working together, this wasn’t much of a shock as clearly he didn’t like the actual thought of us getting along but yeah I could work with that I thought smirking.

“What are you smirking at?” he asked narrowing his eyes in suspicion, as if I could do something to him just by thinking about it. Ha I wish, actually I do.

“Nothing” I said indifferently, “So who are these people I am supposed to meet?” I asked trying to change the course of conversation.

He seemingly had something against these mysterious people as his jaw suddenly hardened making the sharp angles of his face even more prominent. Lord why did all the jerks have such chiseled face, who am I kidding why do they get to be so hot. Period.