Chapter 7

France 1886

William and I had been in France for a few weeks now and found a very nice accommodating place to stay in Paris. It had a fantastic view of where the Eiffel Tower was being built, he said we would come back again when it was finished and I couldn't wait for that day. We walked arm in arm together to our temporary home when I felt it. Three different blue auras. I had no time to warn William as in my daydreaming I didn't notice them until they were almost upon us. We turned a corner and there in front of us were three vampires, the one in the lead was about 4'8" tall with a tiny body with lank, pale brown hair, and I was startled by how young she looked. Behind her was a boy who could almost be her twin as he looked very similar but his hair was a darker shade of brown both could not have been more than 12 years old. I tore my eyes away from them to the third who was a man around 6'3" with short, frosted brown/blonde hair that was partially spiked.

"William. We've expected you... Look, you have a friend with you... My masters will be pleased." The girl in the front spoke with a high and thin voice that held an air of boredom.

I was about to step in front of William and protect him from this obvious threat when the boy stepped forward and a black mist enveloped us and I couldn't feel anything anymore. I tried using my gift but nothing came to me. I could see no colors around me and I had grown so accustomed to them that I felt like sobbing at the loss. I pushed that away when I realized I had all my usual feelings except for one. My love for William was no longer here smothering everything else. I cared nothing for him and it was such a welcome relief that I wanted to stay here forever, but then I wouldn't be able to use my gift anymore. I realized then that I had a gift; didn't that mean William could have a gift as well? If he did what was it and why did I not feel the overwhelming love for him like I usually did. I wasn't even bothered by the fact that I no longer felt love for him.

I felt relief.

All too soon the clarity I was finally feeling disappeared and the love was back this time tenfold. I opened my eyes and sat up seeing I was in some kind of throne room. My gift came back again this time as clear and strong as it was that night I killed Frederick which meant there was danger and as I took in my surroundings I realized there were vampires surrounding the room in dark cloaks. My eyes landed on two figures sitting the farthest from me, the first was a man in his late 40s with long brown hair and an expressionless face that made him seem almost uninterested in the happenings around him. Closer to me was another man with skin so white it's almost translucent with snow-white hair to his shoulders. This man or I should say vampires expression was very cruel and malicious while looking across from him.

I followed his gaze and found a man with long jet black hair shaking hands with William. I looked closely at the man's face and his burgundy eyes had an almost milky film to them but he didn't seem to be seeing in front of him. He blinked his eyes once and let go of Williams's hands before he turned his gaze over to me while putting his hands together and a cheery smile on his face, that only made me shudder.

"You have been very naughty William." The man said flicking his gaze over to William who was staring down at the floor.

When he didn't say anything the man moved closer to me and I fought the urge to back up but I was dazed looking at his aura and realized his shade of blue was much darker than most of the vampires I had met. I could only guess it meant that the darker the blue, the older they were. I wanted to look at the two to others who were sitting but I couldn't drag my eyes away from this man and William.

I flicked my gaze back over to William and his aura was still as blurry as ever. I studied him for a few moments but he didn't seem hurt but afraid. Why was he afraid? We're these people making him afraid. I couldn't allow that. I looked around the room looking for my favorite color of green but I could not find any as there was no sense of nature in this room, only blue.