Chapter 6

1886 - Spain and Portugal

After we visited in Greece, I began to think of my relationship with William like we were mates. We never called each other by the word so I wasn't exactly sure what we were to each other. I knew I loved him though; every moment I spent with him I loved him more. I had noticed that everything about me revolved around him and only him, it was confusing and when I felt like something might mean to cause him harm I would protect him. I was beginning to feel like I had multiple personalities running around in my head. When I was around Will I was very much sane, but when he left me alone like he did today strange thoughts entered my head. I was floating through an abyss of nothingness and everything, without out him near to tether me to earth I simply floated. I was lying outside of the home we were staying in on the southern side of Spain. I thought about myself and hardly of my love for him, which I didn't feel unless he was around me. I kept having thoughts of a girl who I think is me and a man whose face I didn't know. I loved this man though and in my thoughts the girl called him father. If I was the girl then maybe they were memories and not thoughts at all.

During the times he left me alone, other than having these memories resurface which I had trouble thinking about when I was with Will. I worked on better understanding my gift. I still saw things in doubles but somehow my mind understood them completely. I could feel what I liked to call 'auras' emit from certain things. Only I could see them, such as a vampires tone was blue. We had run in to two other vampires on our way here and I could feel that they were only curious about us and wished us no harm. When I looked closer to Williams aura, it was still very fuzzy. It was blue, but it swirled like it was hiding something from me and no matter how hard I worked on my gift I couldn't find his intent. Humans were an orange-yellow color. My favorite tone though was the forests. The plants were a dark green like the pines of an evergreen tree and the animals were a bright lime green, I had experimented and killed a poor fox out in the forest one day and as it died its lime green tone shimmered before disappearing altogether.

I could feel the blurry blue tone coming towards me that I recognized as William come in to the clearing and instantly all thoughts of my gift and the girl were gone.

"Hello Mi. Amor, What are you doing out here?" He said gesturing to the clearing we were in.

"I was star gazing." I answered truthfully.

Williams POV

I let the Women drop down to the cold hard ground and didn't bother to hide the body. I only bothered with hiding them when Jules was around me. Her moral high ground was annoying but I still kept her around. I didn't love her like she seemed to have for me. Though I did have affection for her, how could I not with spending so much time with her. I was anxious to go back to the house. She's been acting even more strange as the days go on. Maybe a little insane even and clingy. Very clingy it's sweet but annoying at the same time. I knew that she was acting like this because of me and my particular 'gift' but I didn't know it would have this effect on her with this long exposure to it. I kept it up constantly though. Except it didn't work on long distances. I wanted to love her but I couldn't, I just wanted companionship and I got that with Jules. She grew on me and I found myself opening up to her, what I said about Frederick was the truth, well half truth.

I sped back to the home we were using and found Jules laying in a clearing in the woods staring up at the sky. She could sense me and she stopped and stood up enveloping me in a tight hug.

"Hello Amor, What are you doing out here?" I said gesturing to the clearing we were in.

"I was star-gazing." She replied with smile.

"Did you find any constellations?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure...I was missing you, but you were far away. The stars are far away too; but I can still see them." Jules replied with a dreamy look.

"Right. Well, Let's go explore Spain some more shall we?" I said talking her hand and pulling her closer to me.

"That sounds lovely." She replied smiling up at me with that beautiful smile. I wished the love she had for me was real, but I couldn't back off now. I had no way of knowing what would happen.

Jules POV

Will led me to our next touring destination that turned out to be the Alhambra palace and fortress in Granada, Andalusia, Spain.

When we arrived people walked around speaking in Spanish and staying well away from us even if they didn't know it. Will had taught me Spanish and Portuguese, with all the daylight hours we had to spare. He recently started teaching me English, French and Italian too. I believe we will be going to France and Britain next but the Italian I believe is because he intends to introduce me to the Volturi. I was afraid of them but Will had soothed my fears and I believed him.

We explored the place that was part fortress, part place and part garden. When we stopped at the garden there were so many wonderful colors of green that all I wanted was to stay there forever. I lay down on the grass and pulled William down with me to just relax here. I tried working at his aura some more but when I did it just became more unclear. Before I knew it he said that we would be leaving Spain and Portugal behind for France.

I wanted to complain and stay here but didn't want to argue with him and went along with it when we went back to our temporary home and packed up all the trinkets I had collected from our earlier houses. I changed into a different dress as the one I was wearing had dirt and grass all over it now. I came back down the stairs and saw William looking as handsome as ever and crashed my lips upon his excitedly before dragging him out the door.

He pulled me back and started running the other way. "Paris is this way Mi. Amor."

"Oh." Was all I could say until I laughed and we went in the correct direction of France.