Chapter 4

1884 Bulgaria

Will and I had gone hunting last night and he told me that now since I was a little over a year old and no longer a newborn he was going to start showing me the world. I learned a few new things about Will as we traveled. One was that he could speak many languages that he was now trying to teach me them. It had taken a few weeks but since we never slept and the fact that our minds could take in much more information than an average human I had nailed the Bulgarian language almost perfectly. He had now moved on to teaching me Greek and if that wasn't a hint of where we were going next I don't know what was.

"Let's go Jules. I know we have forever, but the world is a big place and we have lots to see!" Will said causing me to laugh as we ran from the home we were staying in and pulling me with him out of the city and to the our destination.

We finally stopped about ten minutes later in front of a large fortress. "What is this place?" I asked will without taking my eyes off the place.

"This is the Belogradchik Fortress. It was built during the time when this region was part of the Roman Empire." Will said smiling at me and I smiled back.

"I'll race you to the top!" I said smirking.

"You're on." He replied letting go of my arm as we both took stances.

"One."

"Two."

"Go!" Will yelled taking off

"That's cheating! You're supposed to wait until three!" I yelled following after him and gaining speed. I was smaller than him so therefore I could move faster.

"I win!" We both shouted at the same time coming to a stop at the highest point.

"It's a tie then." Will said.

I laughed. "Only because you cheated."

I turned away from his face and stared out across the land neither of us moving or saying anything until the morning dawn approached and we ran back to the home we were staying at.

Will and I were hunting in the town a few weeks after seeing the fortress, we were going to be heading to Greece soon and my Greek had improved greatly. I dropped the body of a man to the ground when I felt my extra senses pick up a vampires 'signature' or aura, I brushed it off thinking it was just Will until I felt another vampires 'signature' that was Will coming up behind me. I turned around and waited for him to arrive and when he did he lost his care free grin when he saw the expression on my face.

"What's the matter Jules?" He asked.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him along following the vampire's signature as it left the city and entered the forest. "Another vampire is here." I explained to Will as I followed. I had never met another vampire other than Will before and I was very curious about them although I was wary but I could not contain my excitement as I followed them deeper into the woods.

"Maybe, we should move on then Jules." Will said but he still kept on running with me.

"No, I want to meet them!" I replied as my senses alerted me to the vampire stopping in a clearing, whoever it was obviously knew we were following them.

When I finally stopped running I skidded to a halt making dirt rise up from the ground and two holes added to the terrain. Across the clearing about 200 feet away was a man who had a thin yet muscular build, black hair that deeply contrasted his pale completion coming down to his neck.

"Hello there." He said in a normal tone but I heard him perfectly clear.

"Fredrick." Will said to the vampire from behind me.