Eighty four

"Is this it?" John asked, hand ready to unlock the car door. He squinted his eyes, cursing mentally for forgetting his glasses.

"Uh-huh, that's the one." Paul replied, shutting the engine off.

"It looks.. normal to say the least." John mumbled, going out of the car.

The house really did look normal. Save from the dusty windows and creaky floorboards.

They checked everywhere, from upstairs to downstairs.

"I don't understand!" Paul slammed the door close, making it rattle noisily and it's hinges squeak. "They were supposed to be here!"

"Wait, Paul..." John slowly swung a door open, eyes widening either in horror or in shock.

His eyes trailed up to the thousands of Ringo's photographs that were taped up to the ceiling.

It covered every inch, every centimeter of the ceiling. Photographs of Ringo laughing. Photographs of Ringo grinning. He looked so happy and carefree, except for one picture.

He was smiling, yes, but his eyes. His eyes shoned all the distress, the haunting emptiness that the psycho embedded in him.

There was a tape recorder stuck in the middle and a crudely written PLAY ME was on the front.

"John---" Paul stopped, eyebrows knitting together in confusion when he saw the other frozen. He followed his stare, eyes widening. "Oh my god." Paul clasped his hands over his mouth. "Oh my god, he... h-he did the same to Pattie a-and..." He trailed off, not wanting to continue anymore. "I'm sorry John I-I should've known better---"

"It's okay Paul." He tore his gaze away from the pictures. He focused on Paul instead, trying to calm himself down. "We need to listen to that tape. He left it for some fucking reason and I intend to know it."