Seventy nine

"That looks like... a rabbit." Ringo said, pointing up to the cotton white cloud that floated across the blue sky. "See the little tail?"

"Uh-huh," George nodded, giving him a quick glance.

His big blue eyes were wide open, a pretty smile lighting up his features.

For once, for once he looked... happy with him.

Their hands were intertwined with each other, fingers filling up the empty spaces on each other's hands.

"That looks like a pig."

Ringo bursted out giggling.

"What?" George laughed. "It really does! Look, it has a curly tail and a snout!"

Ringo rolled to his side, propping himself up on an elbow.

"You're a pig." Ringo whispered, an almost loony grin gracing his face. "You're a swine."

"And you're a rabbit." George licked his lips, his brown eyes darkening at the sight of his full lips. "A cute, innocent, little rabbit with big blue eyes."

As if on cue, Ringo crinkled his nose like a bunny. He giggled drunkenly again before laying back against the green grass beside his captor--- George, he corrected, his name is George.

It was like he wasn't his captor anymore.

Ringo kissed his cheek again.

Maybe he was losing it. He could feel his sanity slipping from his fingers, away from his grasp.

George smiled at him.

The flowers pressed against the grass as George kissed him.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." George waited for his response even though he knew what he would say.

"I..." Ringo managed a wobbly smile. ".. love you t-too."