6 Deal

It was late. The entire day had been cold and even colder rain drizzled down causing everyone to stay inside. It'd been a slow day for Jack. He and Mark uploaded some videos they had prior to his visit. Soon they'd need to make new videos to upload. Other than that, the day was absolutely pathetic. On days like today, the boring slowness caused Jack to think about all the stress in his life. Now that she was gone, he felt alone. He felt like he was just stumbling through life now, like he had no future to look forward to.

He felt empty.

Jack wondered towards the spare bedroom that he'd finally stuffed all his things into. He wasn't sure how much longer he'd stay. He honestly thought about packing up and heading home tomorrow, but he wasn't sure. His head hurt so much from thinking about her that he didn't have the strength to think about anything else right now. As he stepped into the doorway his toe met the doorframe, causing him to shout out in pain. He grit his teeth, and sat on the bed, holding his toe that was covered by a sock.
"You ok?"
Mark asked, peering around the corner.
"Y-yeah, just stubbed my fuckin' toe. M' fine."
Mark stepped into the room, sitting on the bed next to Jack.
"Let's see it. You may have got the nail real bad."
Jack pulled the sock off, letting Mark look at it. It wasn't that bad. Their was no blood under the nail, so that was a relief. The toe itself was red and obviously just stubbed real good. Mark smiled a bit.
"It should feel better in a bit, just let me help."
Jack's blue eyes widened as Mark gripped his toe. Ok, that's weird, and what the hell is he up to? Mark grabbed Jack's ankle, and slightly pulled on the toe, causing it to pop.
"O-ow! Hey."
Jack stuttered the words out and quickly shooed Mark's hands away. He could've at least said something before hand. Still, it did start to feel better.
"How have you been?"
Mark's question rang through Jacks ears.
"I've uh..been alright. I'll probably head back to Ireland tomorrow."
Mark frowned slightly.
"Are you sure? You don't seem like you've really recovered from her yet."
Hearing Mark say that broke Jack apart. He wanted to answer. He wanted to say something sassy or sarcastic and make Mark realize he was fine, but the truth was, he wasn't fine. He was far from fine. Being here made him forget, but now it's coming back. That's why he wanted to leave. He didn't want to bother anyone with this childish crap.
Before he knew it tears were rolling from this blue eyes. He picked his hand up, wiping the tears away quickly. No use. The tears just welled back up and slide down his cheeks again.
Mark narrowed his eyes softly, almost feeling the pain in Jacks sniffles. He stood, stepping in front of Jack. He then pulled Jack up from the bed and hugged him. It was awkward, and yet strangely satisfying to Jack. Mark's arms pushed Jack's back, making his chest press against Mark's. In turn, Jack slide his hands up Mark's shoulders, hugging around his neck. It was weird, but it did make his feel better. All the worries drifted away, and all he could think about right now was the warm feeling he was getting from Mark's caring behavior. He was kind. So kind that it almost hurt Jack to know he was making Mark worry about him.
"You don't have to go. You can stay as long as you want. I actually enjoy your company. It's quiet here without you."
Mark's voice was deep and husky. It sent chills up Jack's spine, causing him to push away.
"Alright..if you really don't mind, I'll stay a bit longer. I won't be playin' twister anymore though. Deal?"
Mark smiled as Jack say back on the bed, smirking up at him.

"Deal."