"It's okay Reniko. Really." I fake smile. I just am not up for the lovey dovey stuff right now.

He sighs and backs off. "I'm gonna go and get us something to eat." He says, walking towards the bed.

I turn to look at him. "It's food in the kitchen."

"I know..." He says putting on his shirt. "But I need some fresh air and I want some take out."

"Reniko please don't go out. Stay here with me." I plead.

"Mario you know how I feel about you right?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah but..."

"No buts. You know I'll be right back. With the shit Tevin has done he's probably on the run."

"I guess you're right."

He embraces me into a reassuring hug. "I promise you. I'll be back. I love you Mario..." He rubs my cheek

"I love you too Reniko." I grab ahold of his hand.

"Alright. I'll be back." He slides on his shoes and leaves out of the apartment. I walk over to the window and watch as he drives away. My mind was telling me to try harder to get him to stay but I trust he can defend himself if anything..

I sit back on the sofa and turn on the TV. I didn't want to watch any news reports right now. It would be too depressing for me to relive all those events right now. I change the channel to Mob Wives. I have never taken the time to watch it now would be as good as any.

After about 30 minutes of watching this show. There is a knock on the door. I stand up and walk towards the door. "Who is it?" I ask.

"It's Adrian."

I unlock the locks and open the door. I finally come face to Adrian. I look him up and down and I see now Tevin knows how to pick him. He's light skinned. About 5'11 in height and very cute. He looks like a strong willed person, so what would make him run from Tevin?

"I'm sorry please come in." I say moving out of the way. "Forgive me for staring."

"Thank you." He steps inside and looks around. "And I'm pretty much used to it."

"Please have a seat. Let me cut this off." I grab the remote and turn off the TV. I throw the remote on the table, and sit down a small distance from Adrian.

There is an awkward silence in the air. We are both looking for the right thing to say to each other. We both pretty much agree we have had a traumatic experience with this man.

"So..." We both say at the same time.

We both laugh and I motion for him to speak. "Sorry I didn't call. I asked some guy where apartment 3C was and he told me it was his and asked whom I was looking for. I told him and he directed me up."

"It's okay. That was my guy Reniko. This is his place because... Well you know."

He nods. "I don't even know where to start."

"You can start with how you guys met." I cross my legs up on the sofa.

He takes off his jacket and put it behind him. He starts to look down at hands. "I apologize early if I choke up. That man put me through a lot." He sighs.

I nod and smile, waiting for him to continue.

"I met Tevin in high school 10th grade year. He was the star football player and I was head of the math club. "

I giggle a little bit. He looks at me and laughs. "I'm sorry. I just didn't see you as being a math wizard. "

"Back them I loved numbers. I was a virgin nerd. Tevin was very nice to me. He was a senior at that time. I was always so guarded because my home life wasn't ideal. His wasn't either. Tevin protected me when I would get bullied, and he would walk me to class. I started to grow very fond of him. After 4 months of us talking I decided to finally allow him to take me on a proper date. He took me in the best first date ever. That night I gave him my virginity. My first time was everything."