Chapter 8

I quickly walk under the hood of the bus stop bench, and sit down. I start to think of all the things going on in Tevin's life to make him do what he he did. I look down at my phone that was on 10%, and I think of someone to call. Before I could even think about calling Ariel, Reniko's name popped up into my head. On impulse, I clicked Reniko's name to dial out.

"Hello." He answered in a groggy tone.

"Hey." I said as I chuckled lightly into the phone.

"I must be dreaming because this voice sounds familiar, but this isn't him." He says.

"Who do you think this is?" I ask wiping away my fallen tears.

"Jesus..." He chuckles lightly and sniffles. "No but this sounds like Mario."

I laugh "Yeah... You're right."

"Wait a minute....." he says before pausing, with shifting in the background. "Is everything okay?" he says sounding more awoke.

"Yes. No. I need someone to come pick me up." I replied.

"What! Where are you?" He says almost above a scream.

"I'm at the bus stop. I just need to be with someone." I explain.

"Which bus stop?" He asks above the rustling in the background. I could tell he was putting on his clothes to come to my rescue.

"The one in Forest Park like 10 minutes down from the Wal-Mart." I respond looking up to see Tevin standing in front of me.

"Tevin please st--" I start before he falls to his knees in front of me.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, Please don't let me go." He cries into my lap.

"Oh God..." I say tearing up, and looking down at Tevin.

"Hello...Helloooo!" Reniko is shouting into the phone, causing me to turn my attention back to my phone.

"Nevermind... It was a bad idea for me to call you... Goodnight." I say taking my phone away from my ear.

"Please, Don't do this." Reniko says before I hung up on him.

"Tevin. I can't.." I start to speak, but he places two fingers over my lips.

"Shh you don't have to say anything." He pulls his fingers away. "We can just go back, sleep on it, and talk tomorrow." He says standing up to grab my hand causing me to flinch.

"I don't want you to be scared of me." he says leaning down to kiss me. "I promise you."

"Okay." I say taking his hand, and walking back home..

********

The next morning I woke up. I looked over to see Tevin not next to me. I try to turn on my side fast, but am quickly stopped by a sharp pain up my back. I slowly turn to my right to grab my phone off of the nightstand. I click the power on button, and I had 47 missed calls from Reniko.

I smile at how much he cared for me, but I can't move forward with him until I find out about that night. I mean I just want to know how did it come about. What was so special about me that all of those guys just had to have me.

I sit my phone back on the night stand then I slowly proceed to sit up. I grunt a slight groan, and stand to my feet, pacing myself, getting to the bathroom to do my hygiene duties. After I was done I washed my hands, and exited the bathroom. I saw my phone ringing, so I sped as quickly as I could to answer it.