Chapter 15

I woke up in a hospital room. Covered with wires, needles and bandages.

"You're up!" It was Dave.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Where's my dad?" I was confused. Hoping my dads death had been a dream.

"Try not to talk a lot. Let me call a doctor." Dave said while getting up and going into the hallway to get a doctor.

I looked around the room and saw Aussie laying on the bed by my feet and a black bag on the counter.

"Hello there Jasmine, I'm your doctor for today.. Let's see here..." He examined my blood pressure and some other crap "you've made a grand recovery." He continued.

"What happened?" I asked

"You fainted at a morgue. I was told you were listening to who caused your fathers death. I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor said with sympathy.

I shut my eyes. That didn't stop my tears. It was true. He was gone. I felt Dave grab my hand to comfort me.

"I'll be back a little later. If you do better tonight you'll be free to go home tomorrow." my doctor said.

"Thank you" Dave answered while shaking the doctors hand.

"They called Michele and I to tell us what happened. They didn't have any other contacts on your phone they said. I flew up here as soon as I could. Michele couldn't be here because we didn't want Austin to know something was wrong. We didn't want to tell him without your consent." Dave stated.

"Thank you, but do you know how it happened?" I asked. Still wondering how my dad died.

"I was told a coworker was drinking and in the same parking lot of your dads job, his coworker crashed into him killing him instantly." Dave explained.

This nightmare was worse than I thought.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"Not sure it was here when I arrived." He said while giving me the bag. I sat up to see what was in it.

A wallet, a watch, ring, and phone. It was my dads things. I started crying again.

"I'm sorry Jasmine." Dave softly said.

"I feel like things were just getting better then everything falls apart again." I sobbed. I couldn't believe this was happening. Another love lost. I gripped onto my necklace and knew that he was watching over me.

"I'll stay here in New York for as long as you need me... Don't want to leave knowing you won't be fine." Dave said.

"Thanks" I softly said falling asleep then.

*Next Morning*

I woke up and Dave was gone. The doctor walked in and began to check to see if I was ready to leave.

"Your friend went out to take your dog for a walk. He should be back soon" he said. I didn't reply. I just laid there.

"Alright you seem fine I'll go get your prescription forms. I'll be right bac--" I cut him off

"Excuse you? Prescriptions? For what?" I asked

"You'll be having headaches for a while so I'll prescribe some for migraines and also depression." the doctor said writing on his clipboard.

"Go figure..." I whispered under my breathe.

Dave came back and the doctor left.

"Good news?" Dave asked

"Yeah I can go home now..." I was a bit happy and a bit sad.

"Alright well I'll start taking your things down to the car." Dave offered. He began to take my dads things and Aussie down to his car. I hated hospitals so I was glad to be leaving.

We arrived at the condo and I didn't know what to do now. A funeral had to be planned. I would have to move back to Miami or stay in New York. I had no one for support. Well Dave but I knew he would eventually have to leave.

*Next Morning*

Dave and I went to a cemetery to plan my dads memorial service. I couldn't believe it still. I missed my dad.

"I'm sorry for your loss sweetheart..." The lady who worked there said.

"Thank you..." I said with no emotion.

When we finished Dave invited me to go eat.

"So what do you plan on doing now?" Dave asked

"Well I still have the condo next to you guys in Miami but I'm scared to go back because--" Dave cut me off

"Austin, I know... He talked a lot about you when you left."

"Like what?" I curiously asked.

"How he knows how much he messed up and he wishes he can go back and a bunch of other stuff, I can't remember... OH and he wears your promise ring on a necklace..." Dave told.

"I mean I'm not going to lie Austin is an amazing, most wonderful, spectacular person and I freaking love him to death. He made me feel safe when I was afraid and I would do and give anything in the world to be with him once more but I just feel like he'll do something to hurt me again and I'm so tired of crying!" I spoke.

"He loves you. You love him. No one is perfect and I think you guys should be together. I've seen him happy but never as happy as he was when he was with you..." Dave convinced.

He made a point. It hurt more to be away from the one I loved. I knew that I couldn't live without Austin! Memories started running through my mind about him. It made me smile.

"I guess I'm moving back to Miami" I chanted happily!

Finally I was going to have Austin back. I wonder if he'll be as happy to see me like I will.

Dave smiled and hugged me!