Chapter 5

I reached my condo and there was no sign of Austin behind me. I took a peek out from my balcony and he was still there. Just standing there like a statue. I closed the curtains and went to my room.

"Was all of this just a joke? I can't believe I fell for it!" I told myself throwing myself onto my bed.

I called Cristina to tell her everything that has happened. Since the night of my birthday till this seconds. She didn't believe me, she was so shocked! I didn't blame her. I felt like if I was in a movie. A bad teenage romance movie. She comforted me with her lovely words and 30 minutes later we said our goodbyes and hung up.

I looked outside once again, and there he was. He sat down this time. I didn't know what to do. I didn't care if he stayed out there all night!

But I lied, I do care! I don't want him to catch a cold! It was winter and it was chilly outside. I grabbed a blanket and attached a note to it that read "We could have been something more. But you know what it's fine now because you.won't ever see me again. What happened tonight will be like if it never happened."

I decided that during my Christmas vacation to New York I'll look for a place to live and plan things out.

I went downstairs and walked to the beach. He saw me walking towards him and he stood up quickly.

"It's cold outside so here." I handed him the blanket and left. He pulled me by the arm and said "I'm sorry it's that-"

"I don't want nor need an excuse." I turned around again and left.

I ran up to my balcony to see if he was still at the shore. He was, and he was reading the letter.

That night I stayed up packing for New York. Miami was just not the place for me. Everyone who came near me hurt me. I felt unwanted. It was for the best, and plus I love New York!

*Next Morning*

I ate some lucky charms for breakfast and began to take my luggages down to the car. After two trips up and down the elevators and runs through the hallways I grabbed my coat and Aussie and locked the door.

I heard the voice of the person I didn't want near me.

"Where are you going? You weren't serious about leaving? Please I'm sorry you have to understand!" Austin pleaded!

I turned around and replied "I do understand Austin. And you have to understand that it was fucked up what you told me. You may not understand why I'm so upset because I'm a girl and you're not but not only that I was falling for you as well ... But now none of our--well at least my feelings matter anymore, because your feelings weren't genuine since you kiss and decide to dip the same day. Goodbye."

I walked down the hallway with tears falling down my face.

"So you were falling for me?" Austin screamed across the hallway

"Were. Past. Who cares now. But yes I was." I shouted back.

I saw him running towards me when I said that. The elevator opened up and I went in and clicked the 'close doors' button a million + 1 times! The doors closed and I heard Austin bang on the door till I started going down.

This scenario seemed so familiar. Oh yeah like when he hit me in the face with his skateboard. Here I go again running away!

When I reached the lobby I still ran to my car just in case he went down the stairs or caught another elevator. I threw my bags in the car and Aussie jumped in the back seat. Right when I started my car there they were.

Austin, Dave, Zach, Robert, Alex and Michele. They stood infront of my car not letting me leave.

"Can we talk this out?" Austin questioned. I knew that they weren't going to move. My plane leaves soon and I need to be at the airport! God why? What did I get myself in to?

I rolled my window down and said "Okay come and we'll talk"

As Austin walked to my car door I waited for everyone else to move behind him as well. When they reached the drivers side I stepped on the gas and drove off. I felt so horrible but I didn't care. I wanted everyone out of my life. Everyone who did or said something bad to me, I wanted them OUT! I didn't care what people thought, they didn't know what happened in my life.

I looked back every second just in case I see a range rover. Good thing that the Miami International Airport was a few minutes away. I felt a little better than I did a while ago. I jammed out to the radio then I reached my destination. I got out the car and the airport workers helped me with all my luggages. I put Aussie on a leash and handed her to the workers.

"I just need to park my car in the garage and I'll be back really quick" I spoke.

"Sure no problem." One of the guys said back.

I drove to the 1month parking garage. "That'll give me enough time to figure out a way to get my car shipped to me." I told myself.

I walked back to where I left Aussie and proceeded to the luggage check-in. It took a while because they had to check Aussie and I had to put her in a cage. I couldn't take her on the plane with me because she was too big so they put her where the other big dogs go. I walked to security check and waited in line. I looked around everywhere, just to be safe.

I heard him scream my name

"JASMINE!".

I ducked my head and prayed that he didn't see me. I skipped the two people infront of me because they weren't looking.

I handed the security guard my ticket and ID and walked through the metal detector.

"JASMINE WAIT!" It was Austin again.

I turned around and waved bye.