“What the…”

            “There’s no time.” Poseidon said holding on to Allison’s shoulders. “I know a place where you’d be safe. A special place for kids like you. But I need you to trust me on this.”

            Poseidon looked into her eyes, searching for his friend, the one that had trusted him enough to drag into the woods with unknown strangers. The one who had befriended him in the span of six months, he searched for the demigod inside of her.

            “Alright.” she said. “But you have some serious explaining to do.”

            “Yes, come on. I don’t know how long that will hold them off.”

            The pair ran into the halls near the front door, where the spotted Zeus and Hades coming out of class from the adjacent door. The two gods looked at Poseidon worriedly.

            “We need to go.”

            “What?” Zeus asked “Why? What happened? And why does Allison look like she rolled in a pig sty?”

            Allison rolled her eyes. “Thanks so much for the compliment. It’s nice to see you too.”

            “Empousai” Poseidon said ignoring the two. Hades was suddenly alert. “There were two, more are probably coming.”

            “How did you manage to keep them at bay?” Hades asked “are you sure there are only two?”

            “Godly powers are coming back” Poseidon said “And so far there are two. But they always travel in groups, so more might be coming”

            “What is going on!!” Allison demanded “What are you talking about? Don’t tell me there are more of those scale-y ladies”

            Hades looked at her like he just noticed her there. “I agree we have to go.”

            “We have to….” But hissing suddenly stopped them.

            “Where are you demigod? You and your little friendssss are misssssing lunch?”

            Allison shuddered from beside Poseidon but when the Empousai found them. She froze.

            “Snakes…” she muttered. And sprint away dragging Poseidon with her. The two other gods had no choice but to follow. They headed into the forest, where hopefully they’ll be safer.

            They ran deep into the forest. Hissing followed them deeper into the forest.

            “You can’t run forever, godling”

            “They always call me that” Allison muttered as they hid into the side of the trees. “Anyone have any ideas”

            “Don, didn’t you say that our powers are coming back” Hades asked

            “Yeah”

            “Which means maybe I can…”

            “Shadow travel” Zeus said “Brilliant, it could work. Also I think we actually went the wrong way.”

            “But first where is Allison.” Poseidon was suddenly aware that the person beside him disappeared

            “How many times can you lose a demigod?”