The Gang

Turns out that despite spoiled reactions and a lot of whining, Zeus is actually quite good at football. A sport he thought was quite similar with spear throwing.

In PE class a few of the basketball jocks made a run for him. One of his teammates waved at him to pass the ball. But he was more than half way across the field! Zeus tried his luck and threw the ball. After many millennia of spear throwing, he had learned great aim and power in his throw. Some of the other boys watched the ball in awe while others just tackled him to the ground.

His teammate managed to catch the ball and ran to the goal post earning their victory. It took a while before they managed to get Zeus out of the dog pile but when the coach did. He was, again, stuck in between a celebratory one.

"Help!" Zeus croaked from under and the boys laughed. They got off the partially squashed god and Ivan one of the school's most famous football players helped him back on his feet.

"That was some throw, Mike" he said "Hey some of my friends and I are going to go to this pizza place then maybe the arcade. Why don't you tag along?"

The arcade? He thought well if I am going to be stuck as a teenager might as well make the best out of it.

"Sure" Zeus said and joined them totally forgetting the rest of the classes for the day.

"Where's Mike?" Percy asked.

The two gods looked at each other then around the room.

"Maybe he forgot to do his homework again" Poseidon lied hoping his brother is just somewhere in the school "that happened in our old school"

"Yeah" Hades said then returned to reading his book slightly oblivious to the world

"Hey guys" Annabeth said "Anyone seen, Thalia?"

"She's with the new girl"

"There's a new girl?" Poseidon asked

"Yeah" Percy replied "Allison, it's her first week here. The day of the project was like her second day"

"And you know that... How?"

Percy shrugged "she told me. Typically first day attitude try to make friends with one of the first people you meet" he said eying Annabeth.

"Uh huh" she said "I'm going to call her. She has my assignment"

"Why?" Hades asked looking up from his book curious with the demigod's strange action.

"She forcibly borrowed it from me last night. She had an outing with a group of girlfriends the other day and asked to copy my homework... After getting it from my bag first."

Percy laughed "well that's Thalia for you"

"I wouldn't disturb them if I were you" Poseidon said "she said she needed to talk to her... Alone"

Annabeth slightly tilted her head then her eyes widened in realization. She looked at the pair. Thalia was inviting her to join the hunters. She did come to recruit some more hunters. This saddened Poseidon. He was friends with Allison. They weren't that close but the thought of losing a new friend is quite sad. Thalia returned to the table.

"What did she say?" Percy asked Thalia shook her head.

"It's fine though, I won't force her to it if she doesn't want to"

"Okay now that that's covered..." Annabeth said "give me back my homework!"

The gods couldn't find Zeus in the school, even after dismissal. They headed home hoping he would be there.

"Where do you think he went?" Poseidon asked

"I don't know" Hades said "he better have a good reason"

They entered the apartment and found it empty.

"Does he have his phone?" Hades asked Poseidon looked into the cabinets and found it empty.

"Yeah he has it" Poseidon said Hades took out his and called.

"Put it on speaker"

The phone rings echoed in the apartment.

"Hello?"

"Zeus, where the hell are you?!" Hades scolded then Zeus slammed down the phone.

"He's dead" Poseidon muttered watching his brother's face practically emitting smoke.

It was already seven at night when Zeus had returned to the apartment. The lights were closed. Thinking he was alone he opened the lights only to find Hades on the sofa with his arms crossed. He jumped and snuffled a scream.

"Where have you been?" Hades asked

"Out" Zeus said slightly scared with the look in his eye. How his son put up with that, he will never know. Hades stood up and stepped closer. It took all of Zeus' will power not to step back. He will not show weakness to his brother from the days of doom.

"Where's Poseidon?" Zeus asked changing the subject.

"He went over to Percy's" Hades said

"Chicken" Zeus said under his breath.

"Now will you answer my question" Hades said towering over Zeus "Where. Have. You. Been?"

"I was just out with some friends" Zeus said "No big deal"

Hades placed his hand on his forehead "Who were you with?"

"Ivan"

"The bully?" Hades asked incredulous "Zeus he was one of the ones who had shoved you into that locker the first day. How can you possibly make friends with those idiots?"

"He was not" Zeus said "besides it's the way of life… eat or be eaten or in this case. If you can't beat them join them"

"Zeus…" Hades scolded

"What's the problem here?" he demanded "is it wrong to make friends? Is it wrong having fun while we're stuck in this stupid punishment?"

Hades stepped forward holding him on both shoulders. Making Zeus look into his scary brother's eyes "Listen here, it may not be wrong to make friends as mortal, nor is it wrong having fun but whats wrong is your skipping classes. We all know we don't want to prolong this dreaded punishment. And I know that we will not prevent socializing. But I am warning you now. Do anything that will warrant it, I will personally see to it you will regret your actions."

Zeus inwardly shuddered he knew his brother will know all different types of punishment. It's part of his job as the god of the underworld. Whether it be boring or painful, he will know.

"Don't do something you will regret"