Chapter 17

(Y/N pov)
*Play song while reading*

I opened my eyes To a bright light. Or maybe it was just the lighting of the room. I let my eyes adjust and realized I was laying on my back. When I stood up, the bright light went away and I was surrounded by fire and flames. I panicked. The house was falling apart. I rushed through the building, trying not to get hit by any dubree. There was a little opening where the front door used to be, I saw it as my only escape and crawled through. Once I was outside, the air felt more crisp and less stuffy. I took a deep breath and observed my surroundings. It was complete chaos. There were police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks everywhere. The police car lights were making everything seem blue and red. People where running right past me and into the building.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" A woman from the ambulance asked. I think she was a paramedic. 

"Yeah, I think so." I said. "Its just a little---"

"There are still.. people in there.." Somebody behind me said. I turned around to see Janiya. She was bleeding and pretty beat up.

"Niya.." I said. The lady rushed to her aid, helping her to the ambulance and sending more people into the building. Then it hit me... Jacob. I started looking around and asking if anyone had seen him, but no one would listen to me. I started to panic. Then I saw Craig and Santo. Craig was passing a little girl to him and Santo walked away from the scene. I jogged to catch up to Craig, who had approached a cop.

"Are there any survivors?" I heard him ask as I came up to him. 

"Im sorry but we dont have that information yet." The cop said. Craig started to walk away.

"Craig.." I called, but he didnt hear me. "Craig!!" 

Still nothing. I ran up to him and touched his shoulder. He turned around but looked right past me, like I was invisibel or something.

"Craig, I'm right here." I said, but got no reaction. His eyes widened.

"Arielle!" He yelled, I moved out of the way as he jogged towards a stretcher that was zooming past. Arielle was on it, and she had the same reaction he did when she saw him. What the hell is going on. I thought. I continued on my search for Jacob, not worrying about anyone else at the moment. I saw a paramedic close the back of an ambulance, so I ran to see who had been put inside. 

Aproaching the windows I peered in and it took me a seond to make out who it was, but then I saw, and I screamed as loud as possible.

It was... me.