Chapter 14

(Craigs pov)

I couldn't believe my eyes. Santo was dead. I know he was. Y/N had seen him die. So how the hell was he in front of us? Let alone pointing a gun at us. We're supposed to be family.

"Chres..." Janiya said. Her eyes got watery as she fell to her knees. The little girl Ty whimpered and nestled her head into Jacob's neck.

"Well, well well... Isn't this a lovely reunion?" August said. "Ty..." He said holding his arms out. She shimmied out of Jacobs Arms and slowly trudged towards August. Jacobs expression went from angry to confused. August picked Ty up and kissed her cheek. "Who's my good little girl?" He asked her.

"Leave me alone." She said. August shrugged and handed her off to some man who gripped her little arms. 

"Eh, kids.." He said. "So funny acting."

"Santo.." Jacob said, ignoring August. "What are you doing?"

He didn't respond. His face was stone cold, he wasn't our Chresanto anymore.

"He's obviously pointing a gun at you.." August said, laughing. 

"We thought... you were dead." I said, fighting back the burning sensation in my throat.

"Oh.. about that.." August interrupted. "I kind of had him picked up by some of my people the day of the crash. He's been here recovering ever since. But here's the kicker.... He doesn't remember any of you." August let out a disturbing laugh. "Isn't that great?"

He patted Santo on his shoulder and then out of the blue some girl came in the room. She looked vaguely familiar.

"August... What are you doing?" She asked.

He sighed. "Baby, I'm busy. Get back in bed." 

"You promised.." She said. "You promised you wouldn't hurt them."

"Nani, get back in the bed." August growled. "Don't make me have to say it again."

"No, Aug..." She whined. Her voice started to crack. "I cant let you do this..."

"Nani, I don't need this shit right now!!" August yelled.

Oh shit... Nani, that's Y/N's half sister. She's with August?

Nani ran to the nearest table and grabbed a blade, pressing it against her neck, hard. A thin line of blood spilled onto her hand.

"Mommy!!" Ty cried trying to get free from the man that was holding her. Nani had a baby with August... What the actual fuck..

August pinched the bridge of his nose. "Nani..."

"Tell Santo to drop the gun, or I'll... I'll.."

"You'll what?" He asked.

Silence.

"Answer me, Nani!!" August yelled, going closer to her. She backed away from him, blade still pressed on her neck. "What will you do?"

Ty still screamed and cried, fearing for her mothers life. Nani stayed silent. August sighed.

"See if your gonna make a threat to do something..." He said. "You probably should have the balls to actually do it." Without warning, he pulled out a pistol and put a bullet to Nani's head. 

"MOMMY!!!!" Ty screamed. My jaw dropped and everyone in the room got silent as Nani's body dropped to the floor. A pool of blood forming around her head.

"What the fuck..." Jacob hissed. I forced myself to look away. 

"You're fucking sick, man."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He said putting the gun back. "Clean that up, Pedro."

A man rushed to pick up the body and another to clean the blood. And before I could make a run for it some people came up from behind and grabbed us. 

"Tie  them up," August said. I didn't even have the strength to fight back.

(Janiyas pov)
*A while later*

I hate being tied up. It was my least favorite of all things. I shouldn't have let my guard down like that. So stupid. See this is exactly what I get for falling in love. I sighed. August had left us in a room with 4 of his goons to babysit. One if them was Chres, who still had his gun pointed at us.

"Yo, Chres, it's me man." Craig said. He had been trying to talk to him for hours. "You have to remember me. Were on your side."

"Nah. Don't try to play me. Y'all came here to kill me and I ain't gonna let you." Chres growled.

"What did August do to you?" I whispered. He never really said much to me but he stared at me. Almost like I was familiar. 

I knew I had to get us out of here. So when chres stepped out I made my move.

"Hey you.." I got the attention of one of the goons. "Could you do me a solid and scratch my neck?"

He was hesitant at first but then came over and reached behind me. I took the opportunity to headbutt the shit out of him.(video up top) Once I was free I went to free Craig. 

"No." He said "Free Jacob."

"But.."

"That's an order. I can handle myself. Get him out of here."

I went and freed Jacob and looked back at Craig. "They'll kill you." I said.

"Someone has to be here when Chres gets back." He said. "Go."

And we left. On the way out the house was oddly empty. We went through with caution and then the little girl, Ty, approached us. She was crying. She held a teddy bear out to Jacob.

"Here." She said. " I hope you remember me." 

Jacob took the teddy and held back tears(pic up top) "Are you sure?" He asked. She nodded. I pulled at Jacobs arm signifying that we had to go. We got outside and went to the area where Ray was waiting.

"Where's Craig?" He asked. Me and Jacob exchanged looks. I starred at my lap.

"Just drive." I said.

"But..."

"That's an order." I interrupted him, holding back my own tears.