1: Definition

Girl crush, as defined by Google-  an intense and typically nonsexual liking or admiration felt by one woman or girl for another.

It's true that my crush is nonsexual, but that has more to do with me than the fact that we're both girls. This definition is also implying that it's nonromantic, which is literally the definition of a crush, and it's carefully avoiding the use of the word "love."
Let's try again.

Girl crush, as defined by urban dictionary- when a girl has a crush on another girl, but they don't wanna date them. It's more like they want to be their best friend.

If she doesn't want to date her, doesn't that kind of rule out a crush? I know my aro/ace terminology, and that's a squish, but thanks for trying. I appreciate the effort. Really.

Girl crush, as defined by the first definition at macmillandictionary.com- a woman who is so attractive that heterosexual women fancy her.

Hmm... We're getting there. But I'm not heterosexual, and I never was.

Girl crush, as defined by the second definition at macmillandictionary.com- when a heterosexual woman is attracted to another woman.

I'm not heterosexual, Internet. Haven't you figured that out by now? A quick glance at my search history could tell any idiot that.
Also, if you're attracted to a member of the same gender, doesn't that mean you're not heterosexual in the first place? Technically speaking? Because, you know, heterosexual people are exclusively attracted to the opposite gender?

Fine, I give up.

Girl Crush, as defined by @TheNewSappho- when a girl has a crush on a girl and then gets really confused about it and decides to write about it in a book that got much more attention than she ever expected and she's a bit frightened by that, but it's okay, because she just hopes she can help other girls who are having their own girl crushes and getting really confused, because the confused bit does stop eventually, she promises.