6. Chapter Six

Chapter Six|

Not having brought the car today, I was left with no choice but to walk home, alone with my thoughts as I replayed the events of today in my head. Xavier had skipped our last lecture, claiming the mystery girl he had gotten in bed a couple nights ago was waiting for him, so hearing him droning on about his latest flavor of the month could bring no distraction for me, so it's no surprise when my thoughts drifts to Cole Jarvis.

Cole Jarvis. Infuriatingly charming, undoubtedly handsome with his perfectly disheveled brown locks, chiseled jaw line, flawless olive skin, and of course a body resembling a Greek god. All ruined with his arrogant, cocky, enigmatic personality, and his annoying tendency to get on my every nerve with just a couple words. Did i mention his capability of having my mind turn into mushy mess, having my heart on the brink of having a heart attack and making every snappy remark dissipate on the tip of tongue with just a simple touch of his.

Of course he has an affect on me, not that I would ever admit it, and as ashamed as I feel to say this, I now do partly understand the appeal, I mean you'd have to be utterly stupid, a lesbian or of the opposite gender to not understand Cole Jarvis' appeal. Actually scratch that, even a lesbian would admit how unbearably good looking he is.

Its impossible not to lose track of your thoughts when his face is mere inches away from yours, as his wandering hands try their hardest to keep themselves firmly placed on your waist, whilst his minty breath fans across your face through his parted, slightly chapped lips. And you know, that the slightest of movement could result in an earth shattering kiss.

Its also quite impossible to keep control of your emotions when every time you see Cole Jarvis, make any sort of contact with Cole Jarvis or even think about Cole Jarvis, you're reminded that you did in fact kiss Cole Jarvis, and you did get a slight taster of the pleasures Cole Jarvis could give you. And I absolutely hate that I gave into that, because you now know more than ever, that Cole Jarvis is out to get you and you've just made yourself his prey.

As this thought began to sink in, I found myself eventually standing before the familiar wooden door. With a sigh, I turned the key, knowing I'd be greeted with an empty house. I let the thoughts about Cole shift themselves to the back of my mind as my mobile phone began flashing, followed by the quirky text ringer.

'Chinese or Indian take out? :)' - Caleb

A small smile formed on my face as I replied to his message. I had almost forgotten about our plans on 'swapping chem notes' over takeout.

'Chinese sounds good :p'

'Thank god, because I've already planned to pick up some chicken teriyaki ;)' -Caleb

I couldn't help the small laugh that escaped my lips. A little excitement bubbled in the pit of my stomach as I read the clock. 4:30pm.

I had just under two hours to get the after dinner movies snacks ready, get out the stack of DVD's that have been collecting dust in the garage, and of course get ready.

• •

It was only an hour later that I had finally popped some popcorn, laid out some chips, and left some soda cans in the cooler, ready to be taken out later. Beside the TV was a huge stack of the Big Bang Theory series, several chic flicks I was inwardly hoping Caleb will be willing to watch, and some action films I've never gotten round to watch.

I smiled triumphantly as I thought about how well tonight will play out. Dragging my feet up the flight of stairs, I found myself standing in front of closet, wishing I was one of those girls with a reliable girly best friend that could work her magic fingers and put an outfit together.