7. Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven|

A lopsided smile formed on his lips, "Is that the first thing you say to a wounded man?"

I resisted the urge to snort at that. A 'man' my ass.

"Im going to ask you again, how did you find my address," I ground out, aware that I had left Caleb waiting right after he interrupted our 'moment'.

"Let's just say I was in the neighborhood alright?" he offered, as if that was a good enough explanation. Eventually coming to terms with the fact that Cole Jarvis always had his way with things, I dropped any further questions about his stalker-ish behavior and acknowledged his battered looking face and slumped body that seemed to be relying on the wall for support, rather than his legs.

"Should I even ask what happened to you, or are you going to continue wasting my time?" I spoke slowly, tapping my foot in order to make my impatience evident. A weak smirk formed on his face, and his eyes seemed to have dropped even lower.

"Depends if you're gonna let me inside, or if you'd much rather prefer an unconscious body on your doorstep."

"Julie, are you coming?" I heard Caleb's voice, and instantly panic rose in the pit of my stomach. Knowing Cole, he would do anything to ruin tonight and I was not going to let that happen.

"I'll be right there, it's just my neighbor," I called over my shoulder, shooting him a reassuring smile, motioning him to be stay sitting.

As I looked back to the large figure standing before me, a brooding look shadowed his face. I cleared my throat, "I'm not alone." I stated the obvious.

"What are you doing with him?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Listen Cole, you've barely known me a month, I clearly dislike you, so excuse me if I feel no need to answer to you," I said, ready to slam the door.

"I'm going to ask you again, what is Caleb doing in your house?" That's it! Irritated, I made a move to shut the door, just before he managed to trap his foot in between it.

He leaned forward, still looking like he was struggling to balance his body weight on his own two legs. "I've done more with those lips than he-" and just as he was about to touch my lips with his callous thumb, his face contorted in pain, and his hand shot to his torso.

A part of me filled with worry. "Are you okay?" I stammered, my eyes shot to his torso, and a small gasp escaped my lips.

"Oh my gosh, what the fuck Cole!" I squeaked, raising a hand to my mouth. "You're bleeding, like a lot, oh my god!" I panicked.

"Julie, are you sure everything is okay, is your neighbor bothering you there?" Caleb called out again, worry lacing his voice as I heard his feet coming nearer. I could not let Caleb see him, I could not let Cole Jarvis ruin my night.

But he was bleeding. And if he died, I'd be responsible. Im too young to be a murderer, and to go to jail.

Cole let out a laugh, but there was no humor lacing it. "So are you going to let me in?" he wheezed out.

It was too late to make a decision now because next thing you know, the door was wide open and Caleb was stood behind me, staring at the intruder before me.

"What is goi-" his sentence was cut short as his eyes fell upon Cole.

A sudden tension fell in the room, and it was almost as if the two boys were having a stare down. Despite him being on the brink of bleeding to death, Cole had a taunting smirk curled on his lips as Caleb acknowledged his presence.