Chapter Twenty Three: Den of Lions

I lay there, watching Makie as she slept peacefully in my arms, her head was on my chest and her arms roped around my waist, smiling to myself as I recounted the previous night’s events in my head.

I can honestly say that I’ve never loved anyone before as much as I love her.

Makie Romero, who’s started to be a big case of mystery, a tragic mess she was to be revealed, now was the girl who lighted my life and took my every breath away. I will never get enough of her.

She’s the one.

She deserved flowers and coffee in the morning. Letters of love left on her dashboard, telling her in every word how much I’m truly, deeply, madly in love with her. Sweet and passionate kisses in her lips and pure honesty every single day she breathes to live. She deserves to be always reminded how beautiful she is.

Today was just the start of everything, -the plan of our endless memories together, no more hiding about us, and the new chapter of her life that now included scribbles of my name attached with hers, with love.

I slipped out of bed, gently laying the duvet covers over her still unclothed body so she doesn’t get chilly before I quietly left to the bathroom for a quick hot shower.

When I walked back in the room, I saw Makie already up in the middle of the bed. She was rubbing her eyes off sleep while her other hand held the white duvet up on her chest which covered her naked body.  

“Good morning, Beautiful.” I said as I made my way and walked towards the bed. Makie lifted her head and looked towards me, smiling as she gestured me to come closer to her.

I knew exactly what she wants. With her glowing face tilted upwards, I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against her lips. What’s even better is that I could feel the smile on them. The beauty of a sweet gesture with so much love, something Makie and I will never get enough of.

I then crawled back to bed, slowly hovering on top of her as I placed little kisses on her skin as I went on, giggling at some point when I blew on the wet kisses over her stomach up to her neck. I went on her ears and nibbled on them for a while.

Once reaching eye level, I looked down at her with the same lustful stare like last night, I muttered at her, “I love you.”

Her eyes wandered on my lips and I saw her slightly bite on hers. Just with that, I could feel myself feeling hot again, getting turned on by the slightest.

“I remember you telling me those words, how they echoed through my ears and never left my mind all night long.” she whispered against my lips. “I love you too, Harry.”

Her fingers carefully caressed my cheeks, and through my wet curls, loving every single second she felt me close to her, clinging on to the feeling of warmth all over me.

With the streaks of daylight shining through the blinds of her room windows, hitting us on our faces, I pressed a light kiss on her forehead. Contemplating against myself, I told her, “I have to go.”