Chapter Twelve: Treacherous

The faintest touch of her fingertips against every inch of my bare skin; her warm body wrapped inside my arms; her hazelnut eyes never leaving my emerald gaze; her sweet lingering kisses in my lips that took me to my own version of bliss; these were just some of the things I don’t want to miss ever again.

Four hours -four whole euphoric hours- was how long Makie stayed with me. Intertwined underneath the thick white duvet sheet of my hotel bed, with her still fully clothed of the shimmery dress and my upper body gone of the dark polo I previously wore, Makie and I treasured every single second we were in each other’s arms. My mind and soul was awake. I didn’t let my eyes fall just to sleep, not when I had every single chance to just watch Makie watch me adore her, kiss her beautiful face, nibble her sensitive earlobe, tease the part where her neck meets her jawline with my lips and just show her what I have meant with every action I’ve shown her the entire time we were together. In that few hours together, nothing mattered to us. I never forced her, she chose to stay. I let her give in herself to me. Though nothing happened further other than aggressive kisses, she wanted me as much as I wanted her.

When the rays of sunlight slipped in to the blinds of the window, both of us knew we needed to separate. It was a bittersweet reminder that our time enveloped in each other’s warmth has come to an end and that she needed to leave my room even before someone could get us caught and be the cause of a big trouble for the team. If only I could freeze time and let us stay like these for so much longer, I would. I’m not even sure when or if I will ever hold her like this way ever again. That second Makie untangled her small frame off of my arms and slipped out of the room with just one lingering look back at me, she was already missed.

This is wrong they said. We are still considered as professionals working together, this should never happen.

Well, fuck management.

There’s nothing stopping me anymore from wanting her. That moment together was our sign. I will never get enough of Makie Romero.

“You were totally drunk last night but you don’t have any chance of hangover? Wow, you are all sorts of impossible, Makie.” A very much hammered Louis announced as he slammed his breakfast platter and face in the dining table where Makie was currently sitting on, working on something while having her cup of coffee. All four boys complained of having hangovers to her. I was also high, -so high because of love.

I don’t even know how she miraculously did it, but it was true. After everything that happened last night, Makie still managed to get up early, help the catering crew make breakfast for everyone, apparently study by the looks of the books and papers in the table, and most especially, look me straight in the eyes.

“What have you got there?” I asked as I sat next to her.

I looked over at the pile of things she’s got with her. Makie tucked in her long bangs behind her ears and said, “I just got really inspired to write a song, but it’s not done yet.” I saw her smile down at the paper full of scribbles. “Would you like to see some of it?”

“Sure, I would love to.” I scooted closer to her, leaving us only a few inches between each other once again. Suddenly, the same butterflies and sparks I felt last night came invading my empty stomach as the scenes of what we just had a few hours ago flooded my mind, and I can’t help but want to touch her again.