12| A Word From The Wise ~UNEDITED

Guinan's place is a only a few blocks or so from the Academy and, because it is such a beautiful evening, the girls and I decide to walk there instead of driving by motorbike.

The entire time, Natalia and Ardelya speak in hushed tones about me as if I am not there. I'm not really concerned anyways because I am able to read their thoughts.

I zone out nevertheless because using my telepathic gifts to snoop is rude and should only be used when necessary.

Guinan is a mysterious woman. She was a bartender back on the Enterprise-D where she first met my parents.

She is well known for her wise advice, that is usually given in very complicated riddles. We use her as a last resort on those rare occasions when my mother doesn't have the advice we seek.

Guinan is an El-Aurian, a race of "listeners" who were scattered across the galaxy by the Borg. This is part of the reason why she is so cautious whenever the Cyborg Twins pay her a visit. She still enjoys their company nevertheless.

Guinan may look like a fifty-something year old lady, but in reality she's like 500 years old.

Although she's been married (and divorced) around 20 times and has tons of kids, she now resides in a living area above her bar, Guinan's Place, which is partly owned by my family.

She stands outside as we approach the bar, as if she's been waiting for us.

"How are my girls today?" She asks, hugging each of us in turn.

"Fine," we reply. She ushers us inside. The place is packed with fellow classmates and the like, all of them drinking and chatting away about their easygoing lives.

I wish my life could be this simple.

I sigh as she leads us upstairs to her living area. Theodore, her adopted son, is laying on the couch in the living room, watching TV.

"Hey Theo," I say. Watcha watching?"

He sits up and greets the three of us. "Hey guys. How's it going?"

He turns back to me. "To answer your question, Leanna, it's an old western flick called The White Comanche. It's got William Shatner in it. You wanna watch?" Theo then looks at his mother, who's patiently waiting for us to finish before adding, "Maybe some other time. I can see y'all are here on official business." He goes back to his movie.

"I swear that kid will talk you up all night if you let him," Guinan jokes as she ushers us into the kitchen. The three of us take seats at the island table while Guinan offers us drinks. I take a Jestral tea, Natalia a Kava juice, and Ardelya a Takka berry juice.

She then fixes herself a Springwine and sets out a plate of her famous sticky buns before taking a seat.