Chapter Seventeen

Breakfast shouldn't be like this, I shouldn't have to endure the smirks of the Weasley brother's and Tonks over cereals, or put on my best behaviour as Sirius shower's Harry with all sorts of praises.

"Still want to be an Auror Harry?" he asked so that everyone heard, for all of it Harry didn't ask for it, Sirius just lavished it upon him. "You can do it no problem all those skills you've already got."

I turned to my tea and mimicked Sirius face in a very child like manner as Charlie stifled laughter next to me and gave my knee a squeeze to tell me off. Then everyone fell silent and turned to Sirius, I must have missed something.

"Shall I repeat myself Ebony?" he asked and I turned and grinned at him.

"Please do I wasn't listening."

"You are too much like your father." he growled and I shrugged "Just because you weren't as successful as Harry at Hogwarts doesn't give you leave to be rude to him."

"Oh I wasn't." I shrugged, "I've known Harry longer than you Sirius, I was mocking you."

"You shouldn't even be here, daughter of a death eater loyal till his death. You could be the spy amid our group and it'd be all my fault."

"But I'm not and we all know I'm in as much trouble as Harry is if anyone should arrive."  I shrugged and Sirius just glared at me. "Are you annoyed I inherited the Black eyes?"

"Ebony, do not push Me." he growled.

"I wouldn't know how, after all I was abandoned by you." I sighed dramatically, "You could have raised both me and Harry but instead you got yourself in some shit."

"What do you do all day anyway Eb, bum around and live off Tonks?"

"No, I run a school for children." I grinned and it took the wind out of his wings, "I help the next generation of wizards, what do you Uncle Sirius?"

The door opened and closed behind me but I refused to move my eyes away from my uncle, he'd done this too me he'd ruined my life.

"Miss Black, so good to see you again, you always were very vocal." Dumbledore said breaking the tension I turned and smiled up at him. "Charlie, how are you?"

"Very well thank you."

"I see you and Miss Black are still together, very good."  He smiled knowing he was causing trouble before sweeping Harry out of the room.

---

I expected mum at least to shout at me, but she didn't instead it was Ginny who jumped to her feet and tackled me. "Finally! I was giving up all hope on you."

"You on me?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Come on Charlie, you've never had a girlfriend before. Everyone else has, even Percy."

"I've had Ebony."

"I like Ebony, she's pretty." She grinned as we both turned around to look at her; she had a perfect black eyebrow raised as she looked at us. "You'll be my favourite." She whispered hooking an arm around Eb's neck.

"You'll be my favourite too." Ebony whispered back giving Ginny a loud kiss on the cheek.  "Don't worry about Harry, he'll be ok."

I watched as Ginny opened and closed her mouth like a fish before offering Ebony a shy smile. It hit me, maybe Ebony wasn't just good for me she was perfect and she was good for Ginny as well, she needed someone to talk to about womanly stuff. Ginny was growing up and she really did fancy Harry.

"Do you really run a school?" Her uncle asked pulling Ebony away from me slightly, I saw her nod as I watched Ginny blush.

"Will you pack it in?" she asked stealing a bit of my breakfast. "So what if I fancy Harry."

"I think you should go for it." I shrugged and she looked up at me with her big brown eyes. "Seriously, he's nice enough not my type mind; well maybe we both go for the dark haired orphan type."

"Shut up." She laughed pinching me. "Always knew you were my favourite."

"You're mine too." I grinned as she got up and wandered out of the kitchen completely, probably to write in her diary about Harry or something girly.